Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 17t-cb100 IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

When ordering laptop to hibernate/sleep:

- screen goes blank but power button and fans are on for several minutes

- eventually power button and fans stop and computer hard turns off

What I tried (and failed to get results)

- update Windows and drivers (in particular IMEI but not sure here - advice how to get newest IMEI driver for my computer very welcomed. So far for driver version I see 2108.100.0.1053, also the name is followed by #1 and I am not sure if that is a problem)
- turned off option in IMEI (Allow this computer to switch off in order to save energy)

- In "Processor power management" changed  "Maximum processor state"  value from 100% to 96% for both "On Battery" and "Plugged In" options.
- Did a quick test of hard drive in HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility.
- changed power plan to high performance
- changed Turn off hard drive after to 0
- recreated hiberfil.sys file
- checked system files with SFC
- turned on/off quick boot
- run Windows troubleshooter related to power
- tried in clean boot

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Alojzy777 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice. We are sorry that you are facing this issue on your system. Do not worry, we are here to help you with it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software related changes to your system?

I recommend you run the power troubleshooter. The power timeout settings can affect your PC on various levels and the startup process is one of them. This checks how long the PC waits before turning off the display and entering into sleep mode.

Here is how it is done.

• Press ‘Win + I’ to open Windows Settings app.
  • Click on ‘Update & Security', then go to the ‘Troubleshoot’ section from the left-side menu.
  • Scroll downwards a bit and click on the ‘Power’ option.
  • Click on ‘Run the Troubleshooter’. It will start detecting the problems and if it founds, go ahead fixing it.

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.

• On your keyboard, press ‘Windows key + R’ and type ‘Powercfg.cpl’ in it.
  • Hit the ‘Enter’ key to open power options in the control panel.
  • From the left-hand side, click on ‘Choose what the power buttons do’.
  • Then, click on the link ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’.
  • From the bottom given power button options, uncheck the ‘Turn on fast startup’ option.
  • Click on ‘Save changes’ button.

If the issue persists, follow the below steps.

• Go to the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Control panel’ then hit the ‘Enter’ key.
  • From the top-right filter, choose ‘Large icons’ and navigate to the ‘Power Options’,
  • Click and open the ‘Power options’.
  • Select the power plan according to your requirement and click on ‘Change plan settings’.
  • Click on ‘Change advanced power settings’.
  • In the power options windows, click on the button ‘Restore plan defaults’.
  • Click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ button.

Run the Power Troubleshooter and check:

• Open Control Panel.
  • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
  • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
  • Click on “Power”.
  • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
  • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Nirvana - thanks for your reply

TO my recolection the problem started after upgrading to Windows 11

As you can see in my original post I have already tried (among others)
- power troubleshooting
- turning off "Turn fast startup"

I tried to do it again - just to makre sure but no luck

I also tried as you recommended restoring defaults on power plan - also did not help

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response and for trying the steps. 

Since it is happening after upgrading to Windows 11, we can try to perform a clean reinstallation of the OS and check if the issue persists. 

You can try cloud recovery to check. Here is a link for your help: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4511095-4511141-16 

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for your advice.

However this computer has many programs installed with attached licences. Clean install translates into days of work and recovery and possibly need to repurchase some of the programs. Could you suggest something less invasive?

HP Recommended

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.