Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-d1 (53F53AV)

Hi, so basically my cpu goes up to around 70*C while literally having browser open. While gaming even on lowest settings it goes up to 98-100. Even on games that are not demanding. Any idea what may have caused that? I have windows 11 22H2, updated to newest version. Gpu is doing just fine, but I reckon my cpu shouldn't get such high temps so easily. Dust in it is not the cause, since this laptop is only 5 days old, any idea how to fix it? Or should I just resend it back to HP so they can fix it. I added some screenshots I took, while playing genshin imapact, if u need more proof just tell me.
Have a nice day ^^

edit: Forgot to mention, my laptop has i5-12500h and rtx 3060

Screenshot 2022-12-05 140858.pngScreenshot 2022-12-05 140832.pngScreenshot 2022-12-05 140914.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AngelSagiri wrote:

I don't really know how to tell you this, but neither of this seems to work. When I lower max processors state, my cpu just entirely ignores it and keeps going to max value, as for the Ultimate Performance the plan is not availible for me and the method with cmd doesn't work :c As for replacing thermal paste, I'll probably send laptop back to hp since (as I said earlier) its only few days old so I don't want to lose warranty.
Have a nice day ^^
Oh also, I contacted HP's support and we're trying to figure it out, but as of now they did not find the cause nor the solution to my problem.

Hello @AngelSagiri 

It could be a quality problem or technical error.

Have HP repair it. Good luck

Kind regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @AngelSagiri 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

Let me check your basic system configuration before we continue ...

(1) Run    msinfo32

- Select <System Summary>:

--->>> Copy/screenshot/paste following key/value pairs:

OS Name

Version

System Model

System SKU

( equals HP product number (p/n) )

Processor

BIOS Version/Date

BaseBoard Product

BaseBoard Version

(2) Start Windows <Device Manager>

- Expand <Other devices> ? (Those entries are for hardware for which Windows has not loaded a suitable driver)

- Expand <Display adapters>

- Expand <Network adapters>

- Expand <Sound, video and game controllers>

--->>> Send screenshot

(3Please report back

HP Recommended

Hi, I'll probably respond to this later, since school stuff. Here are the things you asked for. 
Screenshot 2022-12-06 080630.pngScreenshot 2022-12-06 080733.png

HP Recommended

Hello @AngelSagiri 

Thanks for reporting.

This is a workaround before having to replace the thermal paste for the CPU and GPU:

(1) Set "maximum processor percentage" in Windows to 98%

--->>> How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 11/10

(2Enable Ultimate Performance Plan in Windows 11

(3Please report back

HP Recommended

I don't really know how to tell you this, but neither of this seems to work. When I lower max processors state, my cpu just entirely ignores it and keeps going to max value, as for the Ultimate Performance the plan is not availible for me and the method with cmd doesn't work :c As for replacing thermal paste, I'll probably send laptop back to hp since (as I said earlier) its only few days old so I don't want to lose warranty.

Have a nice day ^^

Oh also, I contacted HP's support and we're trying to figure it out, but as of now they did not find the cause nor the solution to my problem.

HP Recommended

@AngelSagiri wrote:

Have a nice day ^^

Hello @AngelSagiri 

It could be a quality problem or technical error.

Have HP repair it. Good luck

Kind regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.