Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen 15 dc00085 tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

can we get fan control in the command center in the omen laptops? i dont really mind the loudness of the fans, just need to desperately cool my laptop without having to go through the hassle of undervolting, changing the thermal paste etc.

UPDATE: from my experience, applying liquid metal to my chassis really helped cool down the temps with the profile in the command center being on comfort. didnt have to use notebook fan control at all. i highly recommend using liquid metal and undervoting the cpu as it worked for me. 

HOWEVER, USE THE LM AND UNDERVOLT AT YOUR OWN RISK. 

38 REPLIES 38
HP Recommended

@rohan98,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post that you need information and assistance related to fan control on your HP Omen notebook. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Is the Fan making any loud/excessive noise?

I would like to inform you that the fan function is system managed and there is no option or settings (apart from turning it off/On in BIOS) to manually start or stop the fan. 

If you wish you can boot the computer into the Bios and check if you do have an option to turn on or OFF.

That said, if the fan is noisy and spins constantly, here's what you need to do:

Updating your Notebook computer BIOS

After computers are released, HP may distribute an updated BIOS to manage the fan, CPU power loads, and other components. To see if there is a newer BIOS update, you should determine what version of the BIOS is currently installed on your computer, and then determine if there is a more recent version available.

For complete information on finding your current BIOS version as well as instruction for updating your notebook computer BIOS, see Updating the BIOS  

Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean

Electrical components inside the computer generate heat while the computer is running. This heat can increase to the point where sensitive electronic components are damaged.

When heat builds up, the fan spins faster to remove the excess heat and thus makes more noise. Notebook computers have vents in the bottom and sides to remove heat, allowing air to flow through the case. If the vents become blocked, the fan cannot cool the components properly (and must spin even faster). If there is dust in the vents, use a can of compressed air to blow dust out of the area inside vents. When the computer is turned on, place it on a hard, level surface keeping the vent areas unobstructed. Using your notebook computer on a cloth surface, such as your lap, a bed, or couch cushion, can block the air flow and cause overheating.

For more information see Reducing Heat Inside the PC

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

it's not making any loud or unusual noises, i just want the devs to give the user access to the fan speed and set it manually themselves. 

i have the latest bios. i just want to keep the laptop cool as it goes 85 degree C + (even after undervolting the cpu AND reduing turbo) when gaming and if there is an option to set the fan at max before starting to game the laptop would perform better but since the fans are set automatically they wait till the laptop is burning hot and then kick in to cool it and then go back down. my only request is to give the users fan control in the command center

HP Recommended

Dude, I installed MSI afterburner and you know what I found out ? I put MSI Afterburner side by side to the command center, and the CPU temp showed a difference of 15°C  less on Afterburner ! Maybe it's just mine because I have problems with it, but download another temperture software and see if your temps are accurate, maybe it's inflated on the OCC

HP Recommended

i have throttlestop keeping a watch on the temps as well as after burner and occ and theyre all pretty much the same all the time. if only hp releases a bios update which would let us control the fan speed that would be such a relief. ive been begging these guys for it since months now lol and they know it they should get that update out but arent for some reason. if this laptop's cpu fries out in the next 2 years im never buying form hp ever again straight up

HP Recommended

D a m n that's too bad, guess it's just my laptop

if this laptop's cpu fries out in the next 2 years im never buying form hp ever again straight up 

lol same my dude

HP Recommended

@rohan98, @hotchocolate3k,

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via PM. (This might cover most scenarios).

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Gaming laptop with no Fan Control is not a gaming laptop. HP needs to release a new BIOS for it. 

The new Fan Mode is great, but Fan Control would be better.

HP Recommended

i disagree. the fan mode is miles from great. it only kicks in when your cpu is piping hot and once the temperature curve has been satisfied ramps down again only for the temps to go up again and take it's sweet time to kick back in. 

a fan control in the command center would be ideal to kinda fix this hot cpu situation but it's all upto hp unfotunately. 

i feel bad saying this but i kinda get the feeling that i made the wrong purchase with this laptop

HP Recommended

I understand what you're saying about the fan mode, it happens for the "Performance Mode" due to the stupid temperature curve, but the "Comfort Mode" doesn't have this issue (most likely).

And I totally agree to you about the wrong decision we made: Purchased this laptop.

The keyboard panel is hot as **bleep** while gaming, I can even fry an egg on it. I DIDN'T BUY AN INDUCTION COOKTOP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.