Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

whats the max frequency your cpu is pushing? ive been doing that too, playing on comfort. in apex everything on low still hits 90+ with an undervolt of -155

HP Recommended

hello

I did fix this problem with the software notebook fancontrol 1.6.3.In profiles choose for omen x 17 HP Pavilion 17-ab240nd.

Then edit and put in fan configuration max speed 90 or higher but not 100% as you computer will hibernate immediately

If the temp is erratique just reboot and this software with this profile should read your temp correctlythen slide and control the fan speed.

For peace of mind don't tick start with windows.

HP Recommended

will check your solution out, although i applied LM and fixed the issue a bit 

HP Recommended

Hello,

did anyone try the software notebook fancontrol 1.6.3. ?

Can it be used to control fan speed?

Is it safe for a laptop?

HP Recommended

Just make sure fans are not 100% set, and nbfc service is not auto.

HP Recommended

please let us have an update that allow us to control the fan speed  that it   

HP Recommended

Hello,
fancontrol version 1.6.3. works. I have an Omen 15-dc00xx and if I want to, I control the fan speed.
Set your profile (Selected config) to: 
Pavilion 17-ab240nd.

Then I renamed this profile to my name notebook to make it nice 🙂

Fancontrol 27.6.2019_uprava.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi.

the notebook fancontrol settings that worked for me are as follows:
this is different form the one thats currently in notebookfancontrol.

anyways, read register: 88 write register 88 untick use different min/max, max fan speed 99 (the different config was 70 and it spun it to only about 70% I think).  notebook fancontrol is available from https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc/releases
nfc settingsnfc settings

edit: this gets them to loud fast too, the config that was already in nbfc didn't do that for me.

HP Recommended

hi and thanks for info,

The majer difference in fan speed was to install omen command center and put the laptop in Performance in the Performance control tab, it did a very big difference in fan speed even tho it was on 100% in notebookfan control, it was something like extra 30% fan speed.

hope it helped someone

edit: i stopped using notebookfan control, my computer locks randomly on any fan speed

HP Recommended

What software did you use to increase the fan speed?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.