Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-dh001nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is the same laptop with the heat issues, for those who may have saw me posting last time. That and it may help explain my new issue.

Well, long story short, I went to get back onto the laptop about twenty or thirty minutes ago and in the middle of surfing, the screen went black and I heard the USB connection ping, which makes sense because I have my headset hooked up to it. Went to go make lunch and came back, wiggled the mouse and saw a bunch of graphical junk all over my screen; it looked like a Pokemon glitch world to find the best resemblance. So I clicked on one of my tabs and it went back to normal. Not currently seeing any major issues with the screen.

At this point, I'm wondering if I should just send it in to one of the local offices and see if they can give it a diagnostic/cleanup and deal with the other issues. I've got 28 months of warranty left. 

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

@MrChigen This could be either an issue with the display adapter or the LCD, to confirm, let's start with this:

You may want to install all available windows updates, as a patch may have been released by Microsoft to resolve such issues, if there are no new updates available, please use the below steps to reinstall the graphics card drivers from the device manager:

Step 1: Use Windows + X and select device manager.

Step 2: look for display adapters, and right click on the available display adapters, then select uninstall, when done, restart the computer.

Step 3: Update the graphics driver for your specific computer model.

For more information on updating drivers, please see HP support document Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers .

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS - Skip to Step 5: Adjust visual effects in Windows

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had it walked through by Service Support yesterday. Everything seems to be running smoothly. My charger having a momentary issue last night has me worried, but it's been charging fine since then. It was just fully plugged in and hadn't been charging. 

HP Recommended

@MrChigen That's good, I'm glad its been sorted!

As for the battery, you may want to run a calibration and a test on the same: click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, looks like it hasn't gone away. Screensaver went up and when I swiped away, the graphical artifacts were there momentarily again. So, I may call and setup for it to be sent for  repair, as it seems like there might be an issue with the graphics card itself. 

HP Recommended

@MrChigen I suggest you run a complete test on the device before you reach out to the support team,

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

Click Extensive Test.

Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After lunch I'm going to get it downloaded and started. Do I need to be watching it like a hawk or do I just let it run? 

HP Recommended

@MrChigen That's a good one 😄 and no, you don't have to watch it like a hawk,

maybe like a vulture, once in a while! 😛

Let us know how it goes.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I let the day get away from me but I'll run it tomorrow, see how things go. Hopefully it IDs the issue. 

HP Recommended

@MrChigen Alright, good luck!

And keep me posted with the results.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.