Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all i am looking for help with my HP laptop i am not sure if it is a gaming laptop or notebook, Anyways there seems to be a problem with my GPU ever since the latest update on my Nivida Geforce 940M the GPU has stuttered a lot and crashed, the GPU whenever i start my laptop in device manager comes up with windows (Code 43) i have tried so many things to get it working again such as reboot the bios, use DDU in safemode to get rid of Nivida drivers, i ran the command (sfc/scannow) in CMD it found corrupt drivers and repaired them none of which helped my GPU issue, i have used old drivers, i have done clean installs on the GPU and i am still unable to get the GPU back to its working state.

Is there anything I'm missing or can do to fix my problem or should i try to install windows 10 again and redownload all my drivers.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@4J_farms wrote:

Hello all i am looking for help with my HP laptop i am not sure if it is a gaming laptop or notebook,....

@4J_farms 

It is impossible for me to answer a question when I don't know for which machine.

By the way, we call them as notebooks now.  We used to call them as laptops because we could put them on our laps. Since new generation machines are from warm to hot and very hot, putting them on our laps may cause unpleasant burning, specially when we use short or mini skirt.  At the end of the day, we can call them as laptops (old way) or notebooks (new way), they are the same.

Now back to your question: what is your machine ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have the model and rest of my system specs Serial number (5CD548435W) Product number (N5R60UA#ABL) Last i checked my Notebook was made in 2018 here is some pictures of the system Screenshot (481).pngScreenshot (482).pngScreenshot (483).png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.