Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14t-200dh touch, 8WL75AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

https://youtu.be/lQ-QpDZJzDs

HP had me return the laptop and order a new one. The new one Is behaving the same way as the one returned. It freezes and makes a loud buzzing noise. Tech support is saying it is a software issue and sent me to “paid” support. I do not think that this is a software issue. This happens after a couple hours of use. It is used a lot for MS Team meetings, so it happens while using this application, but it also happens when doing other things. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Brandy21 

The others that responded to your posts are most likely correct about it being hardware related, but there might be other factors involved. It can be really difficult to diagnose, but I'll try my best.

Your model number is actually a CTO version meaning you custom configured your hardware at purchase, so there are no specs to look up. Also you mentioned you have a 10th gen cpu but that model number shows they only came with 8th gen.

Follow these steps to create a report of your hardware and send it to me via a private message. I will send you a PM and you can respond and send the attachment from there. This way I will know what you have exactly.

Go to the Search bar (next to the Start button) and type

msinfo32

and hit the Enter key.

In the window that pops up, go to File>Save and save it to your desktop.

Send that report to me.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Let me know if you received the message with the system info. I got a weird message saying that I have sent my limit of PM's. The PM to you was the second one I sent today.

Brandy

HP Recommended

System Info Screen Shot 1.jpg

HP Recommended

Systems Info Screen Shot 2.jpg

HP Recommended

I got your message. The images dont show for a while as a security issue. Just go back and edit your messages and remove them. I cant see them yet, but it will show in the PM later today.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.