Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 0830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This message keeps popping up every time I start up my HP OMEN 15 laptop:

• "HP System Event Utility is required to activate full functionality." - Screenshot

I've tried restarting and pressing the "Install"-button about 10 times and nothing happens. EVERYTHING is up to date. I've even manually searched up HP System Event Utility on Google to try and find the latest version, but I could only find version 1.4.33 (which is currently installed). I probably don't need it for OMEN Gaming Hub to work, but it's still annoying that it keeps popping up every time I turn on my machine.

I've also checked the services app to verify that it was not disabled by default - but HP System Event Utility does not show up under services at all. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@zeezto wrote:

I've also checked the services app to verify that it was not disabled by default - but HP System Event Utility does not show up under services at all. Please help!

Its not going to show in Services, this is normal. Do make sure in Services that HP Omen HSA is set to running/automatic.

Also do include the full model or Product number when asking for help. HP Omen 0830 is not a complete number.

I would try uninstalling the Event Utility. Reboot the pc. Then go to the MS Store and reinstall it. See if the Game Hub works now.

Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

If the message continues, uninstall both the Game Hub and Event Utility. Reboot.

Then install the Game Hub... Get OMEN Gaming Hub - Microsoft Store 

Then the Event Utility again... Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

Let me know what happens.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@zeezto wrote:

Its not going to show in Services, this is normal. Do make sure in Services that HP Omen HSA is set to running/automatic.

Also do include the full model or Product number when asking for help. HP Omen 0830 is not a complete number.

I would try uninstalling the Event Utility. Reboot the pc. Then go to the MS Store and reinstall it. See if the Game Hub works now.

Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

If the message continues, uninstall both the Game Hub and Event Utility. Reboot.

Then install the Game Hub... Get OMEN Gaming Hub - Microsoft Store 

Then the Event Utility again... Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

Let me know what happens.

HP Recommended

My apologies. Full model name is: HP 16F57EA#UUW

I found that HP System Event Utility is not available on the Norwegian Microsoft Store - no wonder I had trouble searching it up. Had to search for a good 5 minutes on Google to be able to find the 1.4.33 version. Thank you for providing these links!  This solved my problem!

P.S. I find it really strange that HP System Event Uility is not available on the Norwegian Microsoft Store. When I pressed the link you provided it magically appeared, but not when I searched for it manually.

HP Recommended

That is strange. Glad you got it now. Let us know if I can help further. Good luck. 

HP Recommended

This was it!

Somehow the new ''Omen Gaming Hub'' App (and I do mean App, downloaded from the Microsoft Store, as in, not a program) wasn't recognizing  the HP system Event Utility  program, installed from the HP driver site https://support.hp.com/pt-pt/drivers/laptops, you see my point?

I too was getting the pop-ups and after seeing this thread I unistalled the HP system Event Utility program, and downloaded the APP version from the Microsoft Store https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-system-event-utility/9p4w8rfn9m2t?rtc=1&activetab=pivot%3Aoverv...

I recon, that was the compatibility and stuff... issue. 

Anyways I guess it's solved for me, no more annoying pop-us. Although keep in mind I couldn't find the app on the ACTUAL Microsoft Store Program (probably this was the location issue the other guy was mentioning not appearing in Sweden) 🙄. I had to follow the link posted by @Photoray002 to download it... go figure...

So App recognize App, if you catch my drift.

HP Recommended

Thanks @Henryvency 

The Event Utility does more than just give system info when you press Ctrl/Alt/S. the game hub has to have it.

Plus it has to have the Omen SDK Package as well as another driver to work. 

If you ever reinstall Windows, you will have to manually install all of those files again.

You can always come back and ask for help if that happens.

😁

HP Recommended

Ugh that’s rough why is this happening even with a fresh machine!

anyways thanks for the help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.