Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-ek0019tx
Microsoft Windows 11

My HP Omen 15-ek0019tx bought in August 2021 keeps freezing when used on the battery. The screen freezes and the mouse and keys stop working. This usually happens when I leave my computer for some time. There was no heavy software or games open, only MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, Excel or PowerPoint. The only way to get the PC back to work again is by forcing it to shut down by holding the power button and turning it on again. This issue sometimes occurs multiple times a day and I am worried that forcing my PC to shut down every time might damage it. Please give a solution. Thank you.

P.S. My windows and all drivers are up to date. Also, I performed the hardware check, and all the hardware worked fine. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Let's perform a hardware test to ensure there are no hardware malfunctions causing this issue:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

If the test passes, I would suggest here is to update the Bios on your PC. You can first try to update it from our HP support website, using this link or download it using HP Support Assistant. 

To download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Once done, restart the computer and check if it works.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Yanku

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I read that you have an HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13 series laptop. I read that the laptop freezes while it's working on the battery power. The laptop seems to be fine when the charger is connected. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• May I know from when are you facing this issue? 
  • While the charger is disconnected, is the overall performance of the laptop slow/freezes or only while playing games?
  • Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop recently?

I recommend you perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Please ensure that Windows updates are performed: Select Start > Settings > Windows Update, then select Check for updates. If updates are available, you can choose to install them.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I have been facing this issue for the last 3-4 weeks. The laptop runs smoothly even on battery. This issue occurs when I leave my PC on battery for a few minutes without using the touchpad or keyboard. No software changes happened when this issue first occurred. I tried to update all software and drivers to their latest version, but the issue still occurs occasionally.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

In that case, I would suggest you please follow the steps shared in my previous message and update Windows. Once done, let me know the outcome of it.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I have tried the procedure, but still facing the issue.

HP Recommended

Let's perform a hardware test to ensure there are no hardware malfunctions causing this issue:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

If the test passes, I would suggest here is to update the Bios on your PC. You can first try to update it from our HP support website, using this link or download it using HP Support Assistant. 

To download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Once done, restart the computer and check if it works.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello!

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created at your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.