Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Thanks for that.

I'm reluctant to reinstall Windows simply because it seems like a lot of work----frankly I'm still getting used to Windows 10 on my new Omen, and I'm not exactly sure what I would lose or would have to reinstall (likely a lot, I think) if I reinstalled Windows.

With that said, the intermittent issues only seem to affect the HP stuff, i.e., the Omen Command Center and the HP.com website.  I don't really have any other issues elsewhere, such as other websites, or platforms with logins such as Adobe, Steam & other game launchers, Google, etc.  

I'm not sure what to do about that, though.  If it's a cookies issue or security thing that's just new to me because I'm new to Windows 10, I'm still not sure how to address it.  Personally, it DOES feel like something is wonky with something like that somewhere, rather than the site or Command Center app being somehow broken in any fundamental way... I just have no clue how to address that myself or with someone else including HP phone support.  

I'll continue to follow up here though, should be hearing from them tomorrow it sounds like from a new team, so thanks again. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

One thought, do you have a anti-virus security suite installed? For example... McAfee or Norton?

Or are you just using Windows Defender?

As far as reinstalling, Its not that bad of a process and I can talk you through it if needed.

If you have photos, documents that you need to keep, you will want to back them up to another external drive or the cloud. NOTE: If they are important, you should be backing them up anyway.

If you installed any software yourself since you had the PC, you would have to reinstall them again like MS Office or games.

The only HP software you would have to add are a few item that I can give links and instructions to. Its not as bad as one might think.

Just let me know if and when. 🙂

HP Recommended

I do have Avast anti-virus, albeit I don't think it's blocking anything from the app (or at least I certainly wouldn't have added it myself). 

After a quick look I couldn't find anything in the software to suggest it's blocking HP.com or the Command Center app, but I'm not sure exactly what to look for, either. 

I DO have Windows firewall running------I'd like to think I wouldn't have blocked either the site or the app there as well, but again, not sure where to look & I admit I'm new to the Windows firewall (it wouldn't leave me alone until I turned it on, and since then I've forgotten about it outright).  

It sounds like reinstalling Windows might be a possible option in the future, however I won't likely have the time to dedicate to that (and being without the functionality on the laptop) until probably around 2 weeks from now.  I'm overall also happy with basically all of the rest of the software on the computer (in many cases I'm sincerely impressed how fast & effective some apps & games are on this laptop), so I'm still hopeful for other solutions in the meantime, particularly if I hear a response from the new ticket tomorrow. 

Cheers!

HP Recommended

OK so if its only the Avast antivirus, it might be OK. If its a whole suite including the Avast firewall, then its possible.

What you could try is disabling the Avast software temporarily (fully disable it). The defender firewall will have an option to be enabled if its off so you will be OK.

Then run the OCC and log in and see if it logs you out as before. Long shot, but worth a try.

HP Recommended

Had to sign in again here on HP to respond, just for the record.

I'm not really sure how to totally disable Avast (and yep, it's just the anti-virus). 

Used to be you could use the task manager, but that doesn't seem to be as effective in Windows 10, and I didn't find an option in the Avast app to completely turn it off. Appreciate the effort though. Cheers!

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

That worked to diable Avast---thanks for that!

I tried the OCC a few times while Avast was disabled.  Nothing seems to function any differently, but at least we can rule that out. 

Thanks again. 

HP Recommended

Just following up, I didn't hear from HP again, both here or by phone, so I kinda don't expect to get any new info.

For a day the app actually worked the way I think it's supposed to------my start menu games were all in the Omen Command Center, gametime was trackable, even the rewards worked.  

It's back to being less functional than when I first opened it, suggesting I don't have an HP account (and again still often asking me to sign in).  I sincerely think it's something on the HP side perhaps with the login, but that kinda leaves me high and dry with a key on my keyboard I can't really use.  The app DOES track temps and lets me control the keyboard lighting most times, but yeah, just don't really have much use for the app or the keyboard key (I still just wish I could reassign the keyboard key, but I'd love to use the launcher the way it looks like it's created for since I have so many games from several different places and I don't like using all the different launchers).  

HP Recommended

For now, it's simply in a loop of not being able to log me into rewards....which for some reason consequently also makes my games list once again completely empty (it had no games, then it had most of my non-Steam games, once had all my games, now has none again). 

It suggests I don't have a Rewards account, but I definitely do and even managed to claim one of the rewards I won (can't get an email confirmation on the other ones even when it did log me into rewards).  

It still seems to me like it's a login issue on the HP side---I had to login here on the forum again just now in spite of always making sure to hit the box to stay logged in, and other sites/apps aren't having any similar issues.  I don't know how to address something like that regardless though, and still not really willing to pay MORE for support without expecting a solid fix (I don't mean to sound cynical so I apologize if that's how it sounds, I'm otherwise loving the laptop, just can't use a huge part of what makes this one unique, plus it takes up a key on the keyboard I can't assign to something else).  

Untitled.png

3.png2.png

HP Recommended

That is really bizarre. I just don't know what could be the issue.

You didn't install any other security type programs that would have altered the firewall.

All I can offer beyond doing a total reinstall of Windows its to reinstall some of the programs.

To do this... (just like before) I would uninstall the command center and then reset Windows Store, but note that doing so will wipe the apps you have personally installed and would have to reinstall them.

Then reinstall the command center one more time along with these added services...

1. Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store
  2. Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store
  3. OMEN Command Center SDK Package   sp98588.exe
  4. Then go to MS Updates and Security and force it to search for Windows updates. Click the Search for Updates button, even if it shows its up to date. If it finds an update, let it install. Reboot and do it again until no more are found. Just like you did before.
  5. Open the HP Support Assistant and let it search for more updates. 
  6. Open Windows Services and make sure HP Omen HSA Service is set to Running - Automatic.

That is all I know to do with the OCC, other than clean reinstalling Windows.

And Yes it will be a time consuming task in your case because of all the games you have installed.

Otherwise I just don't know what else to do at this point. I'm really sorry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.