Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

K, I'll try resetting the Microsoft Store, I definitely haven't tried that. 

Reinstalling Windows doesn't work for me as a professional photographer right now, just can't be without the PC for a full day until possibly December or January, but fingers crossed for the Microsoft Store reset.  Trying to figure out how to do that (doesn't appear easy to do from the store itself, or at least not intuitive).  

Thanks for the suggestion regardless, for sure.  I'll update later with the results. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Oh sorry about that, give this a read and see if it helps with the MS Store reset

https://winaero.com/blog/reset-windows-store-windows-10/

HP Recommended

Also, now that I know you're a Pro Photographer, do you know about making an image backup of the OS?

You would use a third party tool like AOMEI Backupper to create a backup file of the entire hard drive with all the partitions (that's what I do).

Then if your drive or system go bonkers, you can reinstall the OS and everything that was on it (including Photoshop and any other files and programs) back to the point the image was made. The backup is basically one big file and you would store it onto a USB external hard drive.

Its similar to cloning, except its a file that can be used over and over again.

Its just a thought when you get things all working again.

That's what I did when I was in the photo biz, saved my bacon a couple of times.

I just use the free version.

https://www.ubackup.com/features/create-system-image.html

HP Recommended

This is helpful-----I may use this one day!  I'd love to double the size of my secondary drive in my HP Omen.

As for the Omen Command Center, I'm starting to actually lose functionality, which is a bigger problem (ie., can't turn on the keyboard lights or adjust their color if I could turn them on because the command center is the only way to do that and it gets locked trying to create an account, an account I clearly already have).  

Think it's time for me to give up on the Omen Command Center.  If I decide to replace the hard drive one day perhaps the Omen Command Center will work as a side effect of that, otherwise I'm frankly hesitant to even try------I chose this model explicitly in part because I wanted a light-up keyboard. It cost more to do, but now I can't turn the lights on because it's all controlled through the Omen Command Center. Frustrating. 

HP Recommended

For now, the HP Omen Command center either stays in a loop saying it can't create my account, or it is blank, see image below, no changes possible.

nothing.png

HP Recommended

Is this happening only when you select the Rewards link?

If you stay on the Omen Laptop link that gives you the system vitals, then go up to the little man icon at the top right and choose to sign in to the HP ID, then click on "Don't have an account? Sign up" line, does it give you the info box to fill out now?

HP ID icon.JPG

creat your acct.JPG

If you reinstall windows to a new drive, you shouldn't have any issues, but you would need to go through the steps I laid out on page 2 for installing the OCC again.  LINK...

Im thinking something else went screwy with Windows and that may be why the OCC is behaving like this.

Edited to add... You can burn a copy of the HP Recovery to a 16GB pen drive. But you might have better luck simply using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool. It wont have any of the HP software, but that can be added. It will have much less updates to run because you would create the installer at the time you need it. The installation will be the most current update of Win 10.

HP Recommended

Well, the problem is I DO have an account, and it doesn't keep it, so to speak.

To answer your question, it does this anywhere I go--------for example, I try to sign in, it says it can't "create" my account (which exists, and is the same login info I use here on this site, which I do still for some reason have to login to often), but because it can't create the account or find it, it stays in a loop.

So when I try to change the lights by going to the "lighting" screen, it goes right back to the Rewards page to login. Same with the Games tab, etc.    It sortof locks itself into the same page.  I've tried logging out, but since I'm not logged in it can't really do that either.  

When I can, though, I try to login with my account and it gives me the error loop above.  

I uninstalled the app again, cleared the Microsoft Store cache again, etc.  and that helps it MOSTLY work for a day or two....which is why I still think it's a login issue on the HP side.  It will mostly work until something goes wrong, then it generally doesn't work again until I do steps like this. No other site or app logs me out like this one and the HP site we're writing on here, but if it's something on their end I'm not sure how to diagnose or fix it, albeit I am spitballing here. 

HP Recommended

OK, sorry this will sound redundant but I have to ask... 

Just to clarify because you didn't mention it yet...  when you reinstalled the OCC, did you actually go through ALL the steps I outlined on page 2? It needs the current Event Utility and SDK package, then the windows updates. There are hidden HP HID files that might be missing and can only be installed via the Windows Updates.

If you did all that again, and its still messing up, I dont know what has failed in the system.

HP Recommended

Yep, absolutely.  I can't replicate all the steps now though, perhaps because those updates are more permanent, but I definitely did it.  

Resetting the MS Store cache seemed to help the most, but briefly, and not to full functionality. 

HP Recommended

OK thanks. I don't know if I asked this already, did you run any registry cleaners?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.