Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-b0000 (472J1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi All,

Prior to Omen Gaming Hub updating to v.1101.2209.2.0 on the 9th September 2022 my CPU temp was around 42 degrees F. at idle/surfing, GPU RTX360 around the same.

When gaming these were usually around 72 degrees F. (sometimes a bit higher) in performance mode with fans audibly running higher, no issues.

All good until the Omen Gaming Hub updated. The CPU shot up to 92 degrees F. at idle GPU 56 degrees F. CPU was fluctuating 80-92 degrees.

Unplugging the mains power caused the temp to drop by 20 degrees F. still not good.

During gaming the laptop would shut down within 2-3 minutes… CPU red hot…overheated.

After some checks and looking at what’s changed, I deleted gaming hub and the CPU GPU temps lowered immediately. Gaming, no issues.

Installing gaming hub again the same high temp issue occurred so I have deleted it for now.

HP HSA was running at 15% continually in task manager whether gaming hub was open or not.

Anyone else seeing the same issues? Any fixes for this?

K.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi All,

OMEN SW Feedback contacted me today.
They had me load a new piece of software then reinstall Omen Gaming Hub.
This loaded a new version of gaming hub v.1101.2209.4.0 which will be available soon.
This version fixed my issues
CPU temp now 45 degrees at idle, 75 degrees gaming.
No more spamming the HP Footprints folder when in performance mode. Bonus...

All good.

Thanks to Omen SW Feedback for your efforts fixing this.

K.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Keith144

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing heating-related issues with your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

I would suggest you please use the link below and follow the steps. Once done, let me know the outcome of it: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-16.1-inch-gaming-laptop-pc-16-b0000/2100371510/model/21007... 

You can also reduce heating by following the steps in the link here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-16.1-inch-gaming-laptop-pc-16-b0000/2100371510/model/21007... 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Nirvana_95,
My laptop is fully up to date and no cooling blockages.
Your standard response links are out of date for the latest HP laptops and require updating.

As per my post the issue started when gaming hub updated. After extensive checks I narrowed it down to gaming hub. Once uninstalled the issue goes away, as soon as it’s reinstalled the issue starts again...reproducible every time.
I currently have it uninstalled and have no issues with temps. But this defeats the object of Gaming Hub.
It seems a fix in the latest version of Gaming Hub has introduced a bug at this time.

I was going to get one of my dev team to take a look but it's really HP's issue to resolve.

When is the next version of Gaming Hub due for release?

Thanks.

K.

HP Recommended

Hi Nirvana_95,
I just updated to Windows 22H2 from 22H1. All good.
I then tried installing Omen Gaming Hub again to see if I had the same CPU thermal problem.
No, I didn't initially, CPU and GPU temps around 45 degrees, all good so far.
I went into Performance Control and had a message to turn off Core Isolation - Memory Integrity, as the new version of windows enabled this.
I turned it off, restarted, opened gaming hub and the CPU shot up to 92 degrees immediately and I could now get into Performance Control.
I have uninstalled Omen Gaming Hub again until a fix comes out.
Does this help narrow down the CPU thermal issue for HP to rectify this common issue?

Thanks
K.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Any updates to this issue?

Thanks.

K.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

OMEN SW Feedback contacted me today.
They had me load a new piece of software then reinstall Omen Gaming Hub.
This loaded a new version of gaming hub v.1101.2209.4.0 which will be available soon.
This version fixed my issues
CPU temp now 45 degrees at idle, 75 degrees gaming.
No more spamming the HP Footprints folder when in performance mode. Bonus...

All good.

Thanks to Omen SW Feedback for your efforts fixing this.

K.

HP Recommended

Hi @Keith144,

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.