Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-dc0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

After replacing my SR04XL battery I started having the non-hp battery notice after that my laptop suddenly turns off around after 30 mins and gives the CMOS checksum is invalid and it will only open up again if i connect it again to the AC adapter. It shows that the battery is charging but HP assistant cannot detect it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@javabean

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

The error that appears depends on the type of BIOS used. Any of these error conditions indicate that a Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) test failed.

There are two main reasons why a BIOS test fails:

• The battery on the motherboard has lost its ability to supply power. The system time and date are also affected by a bad battery.

• The BIOS was updated "incorrectly". This can happen if power is lost while updating the BIOS, or when the BIOS is updated with an update that was not downloaded from HP, or when a certain virus or malicious program modifies the BIOS data.

To resolve the error, use one of the following sections.

Click the applicable BIOS version or the accompanying plus (+) sign to expand the information.

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.

2. Turn on the computer.

3. When the first screen displays, do one of the following:

• Immediately press the F10 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Computer Setup program opens.

• Immediately press the Escape key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup menu opens. Then press F10 to open the Computer Setup program.

4. In the BIOS Setup utility, select the File tab.

5. Select Apply Defaults and Exit.

Figure : Setting the defaults

Setting the defaults

The computer restarts.

If the error no longer appears, you are done.

If the error appears, continue using these steps.

6. Replace the battery on the motherboard.

7. After replacing the battery, restart the computer to see if the error continues.

If the error no longer appears, wait until Windows opens and set the date and time to current settings.

If the error still appears, the default BIOS information has become corrupted. The computer requires service or a new motherboard.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.