Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Cheron-Z,

I also work in tech, from my perspective escalation does not mean that you tell your client to go somewhere else, but you proactively do something with it, for it to get handled properly, you kinda ESCALATE things! You're an HP insider - for you, it would be just a matter of a single mail to the appropriate team!

Also, I did receive a telephone number to "Z-Book" and "Omen" teams, but I replied that it was not enough - how was I supposed to describe this quite complex problem over the phone? Why would I be forced to do that, everything has already been written here and in a few dozen of other threads! I requested for an e-mail address to contact teams properly, to which I received no reply.

There was also the first escalation, handled by a different "Escalations Executive" - I asked him to pass this thread to these teams to which he replied:

"Hello MaPo31415,

We have looked through the thread and have noted and escalated to the product support team."

Then I asked him to make them get into touch with me if they needed any description of the problem or diagnostic data, to which he replied:

"This is all handled internal and as such they will not be reaching out to you to partner on this issue."

HP Recommended

@MaPo31415

Thank you for the updated information acknowledging that in fact your were escalated and given information on how best to reach out to HP.

HP has processes in place to best assist our customers. 

If you want HP to review your concerns I am going to suggest to you again that you contact the number that was provided to you on Aug 2 at 11:01 AM.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for advice Cheron-Z, but no, I'm on a verge of going for a refund, as are other users in this thread.

* HP engineers have failed to provide a working product (HP Omen user have it even worse, unlike HP Zbook, there is no working workaround for their devices, these units will die soon due to constant usage of a single core at top clock frequency)

* HP support agents have failed to raise the internal priority of this issue (I know for a fact that this issue has been reported in multiple locations worldwide: Great Britain, Germany etc.)

* HP escalation executives have failed to escalate this issue, forcing doing THEIR job upon the client

* HP as a whole failed to recognize this problem for AT LEAST 1.5 years - there are plethora of similar threads on this community

It's YOU (HP) who should try to get into touch with me to fix your mess and regain credibility, not the other way around.

I'm waiting for a private message from any of the developers on this community - his/her identity won't be disclosed and I promise to provide anything that person might need to solve this problem PRONTO!

HP Recommended

Was anyone contacted by HP regarding this issue?

How is the genius MaPo31415? His recent replies are very important. I hope a responsible person from HP team reads it.

HP Recommended

No. There has been a contact with an HP Employee, not that helpful though - instead of taking responsibility and going a step further to contact Zbook/Omen devs themselves, that person portrayed us as villains for bashing on HP and we were told to contact Zbook/Omen teams ourselves. I'm not doing that unless I get a salary, it's not my job to acknowledge, diagnose and fix bugs - I was offering my help on a best effort basis, but that's not the case anymore, and quite frankly, I got offended.  At least three employees went through this thread and done jack ****.

HP Recommended

Tomorrow, I'll send my Notebook to the HP Customer Center in Poland, because it's the Repair-Center for the Notebook in my Region. I'm not really happy to send my Notebook with a lot of sensible Data to a Repaircenter outside of my country. I hope, HP is able to repair the defect bios very quick.  I'll report later some more details.

HP Recommended
[edit]

We were only telling the truth.  We were slightly offensive in recent posts, but we did that only to get some response from HP. While, I think it was quite rude of me to ask everyone to post negative reviews, but user “MaPo31415” said we are not supposed to take underhanded tactics and handle the situation in straightforward manner. I respected what he said, and we are dealing this situation in a positive manner.

This “ACPI.sys” issue is a silent killer. Most HP owners were not even aware of this problem, many of their laptops will die soon because of this. When you check the task manager, it will just show “system process” taking about 15% to 20% of CPU, so people will think it’s some part of windows process and leave it, but they do not know that this process is stressing one of the cores of CPU and will never stop until you shut down your PC. Imagine the amount of money spent by innocent customers and their laptops being ruined because of a faulty firmware.

This person “MaPo31415” clearly outlines the problem faced by thousands of HP owners (Just google acpi.sys HP).

If anyone could look at the beginning of this thread, we could see that MaPo31415 has been diligent and carefully explaining the entire situation, he has not only mentioned his laptop but included all the HP laptops with potential problems in addressing this issue. HP can’t have a better customer who has already provided a lot of information regarding this problem.

I think it’s time for HP to take proper action and restore their honour.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.