Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP omen 17-cb0020ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a problem with the dockingstation connected to my HP omen 17-cb0020ng. That's why I want to know if it's possible to connect at least two monitors to my omen or do I have the wrong dockingstation?

Dockinstation product website: https://i-tec.cz/de/produkt/tb3cdualdpdockpd-3/

The problems are:

- Only one monitor is working with docking station. It's the monitor connected to the first DisplayPort with an adapter. The second monitor with active HDMI/DP adapter only works if I disconnect the first one with passive HDMI/DP adapter.

- If the monitor is working on Windows boot other interfaces like mouse, sound and ethernet don't work until I search for new devices in the Windows Device Manager.

- If the monitor is NOT working on Windows boot everything else (mouse, sound,...) is working fine but I have to reconnect the monitor cable. Then everything works together.

- Sometimes the monitor is black for some seconds, especially when I use the shortcut ALT + TAB or when I start a video.

- Sometimes the monitor gives me an error message "no video input" then I have to open NVidia Settings and to change ANYTHING there and the monitor works again.

First of all: I asked the dockingstation support and they told me first that the docking station has two DisplayPorts but one is different than the other. I would need an active adapter for the second DisplayPort. (Nothing about this fact in their datasheet.) I bought one active DisplayPort/HDMI adapter and could see the second DisplayPort is working but the first not anymore. It's always a switching between the monitors. If I connect the second monitor DIRECTLY with my omen and the first monitor through dockingstation everything works fine but that's not the sense of a dockingstation. I told this to the support and they wrote:

"Then the omen does only support only one output through TB3
there is nothing we can do about it
It is limitation implemented by the manufacturer of your laptop
On gaming laptops, that's pretty normal"

Is this true? If yes I don't need this expensive dockingstation and also not this 2.800 Euro laptop. I have more possibilities with a 800 € Laptop. If it's not true: Another dockingstation should work fine with 2 monitors, mouse, audio, ethernet and so on?

Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@GOET 

When using USB-C docks, you have to ask vendor to confirm it is COMPATIBLE with HP machines. HP has a different way to implement USB-C ports.

If you wish to have 2 or more external monitors (and notebook monitor - total 3+), please enter your requirement on the following link and it will find for you few options on market today including some HP products:

https://www.displaylink.com/products/universal-docking-stations

or try following HP docks

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04168358

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you.

Does the HP USB-C Dock G5 or HP USB-C/A Universal Dock G2 have Gigabit LAN?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.