Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17t-an100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently for the 2019 17 and 15 inch omen laptos hp added max fan control 

but it seems the 2018 versions on the 17 inch laptops does get this feature, furthermore it dosent have the performance control option like it's 15 inch counter part 

this is a post to urge HP's software team to add fan control and performance control on it's 2018 omen line up as they are still being sold and should be supported 

Alot of the thermal issues of these laptops as well as a decent boost in performance can be expected if these features were added and it would benefit the end consumer ALOT 

i hope an Hp rep sees this and passes it along i know alot of people with the same laptops and all of them have wanted this feature since their system arrived 

Please add this feature for the 2018 15 and 17 inch omen laptops 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I guess many users are having the same problem as I saw several posts asking for the fan speed control since last year.

HP Recommended

yeah and the worst part is that they actually implemented it but not for all models 😕 

it's just software hp 

please push out another update for us and add fan control and performance control 

HP Recommended

My interactions with their technical support indicate that they have no idea how to fix anything.  All the ones I spoke to / had communication with barely understood the problem that I STILL have with the fan on all the time.  I have given up with them.   They suggest ILLOGICAL solutions that I tell them will not solve the problem - but I humour them and try it - and guess what?  I am right and they are wrong.   I have told them exactly what the problem is, but they are not intelligent enough to grasp it!!!!

Like I said, I've given up, because I end up having to repeat myself to another person who will come up with the same moronic suggestions.

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH!!!!!

HP Recommended

@wildswan

Based on your comments I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Yup their technical support is quite awful and can barely help with even the most basic problems.

The two people i have had interactions with were both incompetent, didn't know anything about tech that was not on their basic dialouge sheet and were quite rude from time to time 

When i asked them to forward the request of adding fan control the most the guy could do was tell me to return the product if i don't like it.

I suspect this is because the tech support is based in india and has not actual experience or anyway to communicate with anyone who is actually doing any work (not trying to diss indians, i my self am one and am from there)

So what i've begun doing is asking anyone i know with the same laptop to talk to HP us sales 

they can actually communicate with other departments and are much nicer and more experienced ironically 

i wish to post this request of fan control and performance control on any page i can find as it is very difficult to get HP's attention but with enough people asking for a feature they have proved they will add it 

so im still hoping but it is very sad how difficult it is to request them to add a basic feature to one of their premium products 

HP Recommended

Please forward the request for performance  control and fan control on the 2018 omen laptops to the respective team as well, as MANY users have been requesting for this feature and HP still sells these models on their site.

They should support their products and not just add features to the newer models.

HP Recommended

Will this new team be ANY better than the other jokers that I have dealt with?

I will give them serial number and the case number to them, but that's it.  I will not waste any more of my time explaining the problem for the 5th time.  You lot are getting paid to supply support, I have been just wasting my valuable time talking to you up until now.

I am not hopeful.  Not at all.

😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.