Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk10000 Laptop PC (8VD49AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had HP Pavilion 15dk1000 laptop, recently my omen gaming hub start running in background after each boot. It cause some problem like my cursor start showing loading icon continuously, until I stop the proses/end task the app from task manager, can anybody help me?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

89Hi @Accelta 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I see that you are getting the HP Omen gaming hub app running in the background after each boot. Do not worry, I am here to help you with it. 

May I know if you have made any recent hardware or software changes to your system?

From when are you using the app on your HP Pavilion system?

HP Omen Gaming Hub is software that comes pre-installed on HP Omen desktops and laptops and functions as an optimizer for playing games. Since it is for the Omen PC, I would suggest you remove it from your HP Pavilion system.

To disable the HP Omen Gaming Huband interests widget, use these steps:

1 - Right-click the taskbar.
2 - Select the HP Omen Gaming Hub and interests menu.
3 - Check the Turn off option to disable the feature.
4 - (Optional) Clear the Turn off the option to enable the feature.
5 - Once you complete the steps, the news and interests taskbar widget will be permanently disabled on Windows 10.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello @Accelta

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created with your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi! Thankyou for replying, the only software change i do is installing windows and driver update via settings on April 9th, after that the problem start to appear, and the omen gaming hub is already installed on my hp pavilion since the first time I bought it,

HP Recommended

Hi! I want to add more things i found, the loading cursor only happen when i boot my laptop without internet connection, if i boot my laptop while connected, the problem doesn't exist

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

Could you please try uninstalling the application, restart, and checking if the issue persists. Once done, you can install the application back.

Let me know the outcome of it.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Accelta 

I hope you are doing good.

We reached out but never heard back. Do you still need assistance? Let me know if there is anything else you need assistance with.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Have a great day! 

Thanks! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply, i quite busy lately, uninstalling & reinstalling the app solve the problem for several times, then the problem appears again, but i found out by disabling omen hub background permission on setting solve the problem. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am happy to hear that disabling Omen hub permission in the background helped. If you need any assistance in the future, you can contact us here.

Have a great day ahead.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.