Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 15-dk0056wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, so I bought this brand new gaming laptop Hp pavilion 15-dk0056wm because I needed performance driven machine... And only after couple of months it can't even sustain performance for few hours... By performance I don't mean heavy tasks.... Just chrome browsing  and movies etc..... It performs worse than a windows 98 pc for ages ago. At this point playing a game is not even an option. All drivers are updated, so is windows, virus vault is free. I really feel like scammed, I can't reinstall the windows I have everything setup the way I wanted. Is there a way to get the performance to sustain at least for a day if not more?

It's all factory setting no overclocking or anything. Really appreciate the help. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Same issue here! With a HP gaming pavilion 15-cx0033ur. The first months it worked like charm. Then it started throttling. You can barely use chrome... It throttles to like 15% of the laptop's power. My advice is to give them the laptop back before it's too late.  By searching this community alone, you'll see that the issue isn't going to be fixed. 

And yes, I feel scammed too. I will never buy a new laptop again 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. Can I ask what did you do to make it work even a little if possible? My laptop is on 8gb ram should I increase it to see if it makes any difference.... The momery does seem to be free for the most part even when laptop is completely useless in performance 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.