Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

So I have an Hp Omen 17 gaming laptop. I normally casually play games and the laptop was able to run games like dying light 2, Ark and others  but this month I have some issues playing which were like fps would drop from 60 to 20fps or lower when I was doing nothing with low setting plus my memory was full all the time and it was always committed at a high level. Also Gpu was always at 100%. I have updated my drivers, changes stuff on in the 3D menu in the NVIDIA Control panel cleaned the laptop and also fully factory restart my whole but all this didn't work. Could someone help me fix this?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @mike3roze 

I want to know the product number (p/n) of your laptop to dive a little deeper into this problem. Then I can help you.

please open powershell console and send me output of the following command:

Get-WmiObject win32_computersystem | Select-Object SystemSKUNumber

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hello @Ub6424

Sorry for the late message, should I send it on here?

Best regards

HP Recommended

Hello @mike3roze 

@mike3roze wrote:

Sorry for the late message, should I send it on here?

yes sure, it's legal information, just about the notebook ( no sensitive data ).

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hello @Ub6424

The its this 173Y7EA#ABU

Kind Regards

mike

HP Recommended

Hello @mike3roze 

(1) Plugin power charger

(2) Create a windows restore point !

https://www.howtogeek.com/797227/how-to-create-a-system-restore-point-on-windows-10-or-windows-11/

(3) Install BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.36 Rev.A31.9 MBMay 9, 2022Download

Why ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

(4) Please show me your windows device manager > "display adapters"

(5) Please show me your OMEN SDK Settings

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hello @Ub6424

Here is the "display adapters" part

mike3roze_0-1656351741222.png

I could be able to find the Omen SDK Settings

Best Regards

Mike

HP Recommended

Hello @mike3roze 

please show me the two tabs:

ub6424_0-1656352099488.png

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hello @Ub6424

Here are the two tabs

mike3roze_0-1656352721711.png

mike3roze_1-1656352760397.png

Kind Regards

Mike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.