Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 14-ax010ca

I decided to clean install Windows 8 and I cant boot windows 8 from usb without legacy support. It won't install because it says that I have to enable disk controller. Also, I completely erased my drive from BIOS. What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs for your notebook indicates that it came with W10 Home from HP.

HP Stream - 14-ax010ca (ENERGY STAR) Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Not sure what you plan to do for drivers if you get W8 to install.

Did you go into the BIOS and enable Legacy mode and disable secure boot, so you can boot from the flash drive?

If not you need to do that in order to boot W8 in legacy mode.

You may also be able to boot it from EFI mode too, but you need to have secure boot disabled.

See this link for the settings to change...

HP Notebook PCs - Cannot Start Notebook Computer From a Bootable CD or DVD | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs for your notebook indicates that it came with W10 Home from HP.

HP Stream - 14-ax010ca (ENERGY STAR) Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Not sure what you plan to do for drivers if you get W8 to install.

Did you go into the BIOS and enable Legacy mode and disable secure boot, so you can boot from the flash drive?

If not you need to do that in order to boot W8 in legacy mode.

You may also be able to boot it from EFI mode too, but you need to have secure boot disabled.

See this link for the settings to change...

HP Notebook PCs - Cannot Start Notebook Computer From a Bootable CD or DVD | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.