Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can someone get back to me about case number [edited]? The laptop can be woken from sleep (with the keyboard) or hibernation, but after that the internal keyboard and touchpad are not functional. I can use an externally attached mouse to login (with the on-screen keyboard), but the only thing that makes the internal keyboard and touchpad work again, is restarting the laptop.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

HEllo @Drakis

We dont handle Support Case numbers here on the forum. HP Support direct is a separate service from us.

In the mean time, go into the Device Manager and find the keyboard driver, right click on it and go to Properties>Power Management tab. Then see if the box is unchecked for "Allow this computer to turn off theis device to save power".

I should be unchecked. See if this helps. If not, Im not sure what you have going on.

keyboard pM.PNG

HP Recommended

This is how it looks on my system:

{9821AD90-05C8-4A3D-A74E-0D8426483C3D}.png.jpg

It's configured correctly, it seems. Anyway, I can actually wake the system from sleep with my keyboard. However, as soon as the lock screen appears, it has become unresponsive.

HP Recommended

This issue is still not resolved. Others have reported this problem as well:

https://forums.tomsguide.com/threads/keyboard-touchpad-not-working-after-sleep-but-usb-insertion-fix...

HP Recommended

I see that one other person has mentioned the same issue, but I am not aware of any fix for it at the moment.

Have you tried turning off Hibernate via the command prompt? Sometimes that can fix odd issues with sleep.

Open the command prompt as Administrator, then enter this line of text and hit the Enter key...

powercfg.exe /h off

Exit and reboot.

If you want it back on...

powercfg.exe /h on

If that does not work, I am at a loss the same as the other guy on that thread was. Im sorry.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion Photoray002. However, I tried it and unfortunately it makes no difference.

By the way, there are more people who have reported this issue. Apart from the link I provided on the 15th of July, see for example also https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Keyboard-and-touchpad-problems-after-sleep-mo....

HP Recommended

I can see if a Rep can contact you as you have created a case number for this already.

I don't know what HP is doing about it, but I can only assume they are aware of it by now.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Drakis

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.