Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-c0000 IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Someone help me, I am at my  wits end with this godforesaken laptop. 

I ordered the Hp Omen laptop on Black Friday. It shipped and arrived Christmas Eve. By January, I had to factory reset for the first time because the computer updated it self and in the process would no longer connect to the Internet or allow me to login. I had to contact HP Support for help with this.

By late February, it suffered a catastrophic system failure while playing Stardew Valley, a game that my four-year old laptop could run easily. What followed was hours of BSODs with different error codes. The computer attempted automatic recovery and repair SEVERAL times. I attempted a factory reset, hoping it would fix the problem. Nope! So, I took it promptly to a certified HP repair shop RECOMMENDED by HP's support page. It was over an hour away and I had to enlist a friend to help. After holding it for a MONTH, they deemed it "unrepairable" and sent it back to me. I had to wait weeks longer because they couldn't ship it back to me and I had no way of getting it.  Now, I just want to return the awful thing and get a refund. I spent over $1000 on this hunk of metal, but it broke twice within the two months I had it and the HP support center deemed it irreparable. 

Yet, I can't seem to get into contact with a living person that can help. This is my last hope before I go to my bank and file with them. Any advice would be appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@molly-smith

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I want to thank you for taking the time to speak to us today. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Echo_Lake. I have not received any messages on my account?  It's been over two weeks now and nobody has contacted me. 

HP Recommended

Well that's how HP works. I have a thread, where another representative says exactly the same thing "we have passed your information to an appropriate team". But the reality is that they do not have contacts to pass any data. You can call the hotline. BTW I am the owner of HP omen 16.1. You can find my thread in my profile, ppl are trying to return that model but that is a challenge. For some reason they do not support that product, even if you have a warranty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.