Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to do an ftp local server with my laptop. It works very good, but when I close the lid, the transmission speed is so low. I have tryed a lot of things since a months ago. Sorry if my english is not good. When the lip is closed, on Windows, it is on "don't do anything", but it does, it lags. I don't know what to do. Please help, I bought a new ssd for the laptop to build the local server... 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I wrote a lot.... but I saw the problem. It was on the wi-fi.... Pathetic. I didn't saw that...

Well a lot of thanks. I don't know why with wi-fi it slows down, but with cable I think it works so... thank you. 🙂

And sorry for no marking your comment, but I think if someone has this problem, the person can test the wi-fi speed as the first thing.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@G44Gonzalo 

Ideas

Shut off Fast Boot - you don't really need it.  Fast Boot should not impact run speed, it never hurts to remove any and all obstacles when you are in trouble of any kind.

Make sure both your Windows and HP Updates are installed and current.

If needful, consider:  Update the BIOS.

Disconnect (if needful) any other devices that keep the computer occupied.  For example, switch off Network Discovery and think about turning off the printer.

Do take a look at your Security Software - "just in case" it is balking, judging, blocking anything you want left alone.

If you have the skill set, dig through the Event Viewer logs (enable logs if / where necessary) - see if you can find a reason for the slow-down.

Ethernet is often best for this sort of service - ftp server should always be on the best, most secure, and fastest type of connection on your network.  

If your computer is running wireless, I did run across this thread that touches on an interesting idea:  antenna strength / direction.

For example, changing the location / direction of the computer may, in fact, impact its network speed - which, may in turn, impact any services running on the system.

Thread:

FI slow when closing lid/screen

References

Magic and skill > Event Viewer

Lesson 3: Using Event Viewer to Troubleshoot Problems

Event Viewer in Windows

How-To Geek > Lesson 3: Using Event Viewer to Troubleshoot Problems

How to Create Your Own Windows Event Log Notification System

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I wrote a lot.... but I saw the problem. It was on the wi-fi.... Pathetic. I didn't saw that...

Well a lot of thanks. I don't know why with wi-fi it slows down, but with cable I think it works so... thank you. 🙂

And sorry for no marking your comment, but I think if someone has this problem, the person can test the wi-fi speed as the first thing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.