Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce012nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an OMEN Laptop on December 2018. I was more then happy with my purchase except for one little issue. The laptop would sometimes randomly shut down with static discharge when I touched the surface of keyboard / case. After extensive googling, I found out that the problem was in one of internal wires not being properly insulated. Instead of proper grounding, the discharge would go through case, triggering a safety shut down. HP seems to be aware of this issue. More details with video illustration can be found here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/ESD-problem-very-strange-engineering-of-Om...

Same thing happened today but I was unable to turn my laptop back on. I made a disassembly, removed the battery from notebook and managed to boot it up. Unfortunately my laptop battery seems to be completely dead and shut down issue still occurs even after battery removal.

My warranty expired 4 days ago (bad luck I guess), even though I bought it around 1.5 years ago (probably because of resell).

Now I would like to now, what are my options on official / certified service or if at least someone knows about some DIY fix.

Thank you all for your help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Vaso64

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.