Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately i've tried to return my laptop but HP GREECE doesn't accept it because they don't give any warranty for software.....but now i know...never hp again...

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue. Went to service troubleshoot, they made me revert back the bios with no success, they asked me to send my laptop to the service but declined because i'm using it for work.. they gave me 1 year of additional warranty which is nice. I open my computer, close the lid a few seconds and the reopen it back and everything is back to normal. The only downside of this laptop so far. I had alienwares in the past with more issues..! Hopefully a new bios will fix it. 

HP Recommended

Why dont you  change the 2 settings in your bios as i mention before (to the solution). The only issue left after that it will be the low brighness in the UEFI mode.Many guys with the same issue reported that succeded to change the 2 settings without loose any data or so.

HP Recommended

i got a call from HP Greece (the first after more than 2 months of issue has occured and reported) and they ensured me that very soon a new bios update will be released. Avoided though to say when.. Let s see if Santa will bring the update!

HP Recommended

The santa must first remove the buggy bios update to prevent more troubles , from the official hp site. He didn't  untill now, right?

HP Recommended

Just tried it and it seems to work fine now (under windows though) boot menu is still dark 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Found out that it is not just F16a update's fault. Another cb001nv updated bios from F.07 to F.11 (i instructed him not to go for F.16) and guess what : same dimmed monitor issue.... 

My guess is that this story is more serious than expected

HP Recommended

Any word on the fix for this? Just updated bios  (F16)and dimmed . Legacy mode seemed to work! Should I revert bios or wait for update?

HP Recommended

you can try to downgrade but if you read previous posts you'll see that it didn't fix the problem. We still wait for the update

HP Recommended

Has anyone tried to uninstall video drivers then reinstall?  Or even reinstalling windows? My Omen is less than 2 months old so I’m calling hp support on this. I finically got the main screen to work but on boot the Omen screen is dim. When through and updated driver in device manger (which 35 updated)! I’ll keep you posted

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.