Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

i have including installing windows pro (instead of the preinstalled home edition)... No way to fix brightness on powering on.. windows are not running  yet...

HP Recommended

A new bios version has been issued. Has anyone tried to install it? Is it working?

HP Recommended

I have tried it. BIOS F.22 still has same problem. BIOS  screen is dim .

HP Recommended

same here... 6 versions bios update same problem

HP Recommended

The same to me... After the update (f22) no change at all. And very important!! no harm at the moment..

Maybe we have to face the fact that They can't fix the issue. We have to live with that..

Thanks Santa HP for the precious update. 

HP Recommended

So there’s a new Bios update? F16 to F22? Don’t know if I dare to install. Ugh!

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same Lapotop and  exactly the same problem after the recent update to Windows 1909.

and after upgrading to BIOS ver is F22.

My laptop worked fine with the previous BIOS versions.

When I set Legacy Mode On the problem disappears.

I think there is a new BIOS version, F22 Rev a,

has anyone tried it?

Is HP going to provide a fix to this problem. It looks to be a BIOS/UEFI problem only.

Can't they provide a fix?

HP Recommended

if you read all previous posts, many have tried the update and found out that is not fixing the problem even by reverting BIOS version to the old one. No matter what bios version was updated from and no matter what version to update to (even not to latest one). HP is fooling us around with fake promises and refuses to return cash as DOA even from day 1 of purchase (like me).

Only one guy here posted that he managed to expand warranty for a year for free, rest of us havegiven up after 5 months of posts and cases opened that HP closed with no solution.

Personally, as  IT personel, i am being contacted by many for my oppinion for hardware and i tell everyone how HP treated my case. That simple

HP Recommended

if the BIOS upgrades do not work then it could be a hardware problem.

Read the 1st reply of Echo_Lake from (12-16-2018 12:34 PM) who works for HP in this topic

He says:

"

I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting, 

If the issue persists in the BIOS screen which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure."

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/HP-omen-screen-is-too-dark/td-p/6937289

and in that case HP should compensate for their faulty product.

HP Recommended

have followed steps exactly as described when i had issue with f16A but HP said that BIOS is software issue so not beeing covered by warranty. Windows drivers are not applicable in BIOS so that part of solution is not for our problem

Have not tried to reset it with f22a but will do today (thouhg i have serious reasons to believe that it will not work). Will post the reults

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.