Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17t-an100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello all!

I was hoping for some guidance in ordering a new, replacement battery for my OMEN laptop. I've checked my current battery and located a sticker on the battery saying "REPLACE WITH HP SPARE 922976-855" and done some research online for that spare part, however all I've seen on newegg.com (the only legitimate-looking site I've encountered) seem to have 16 pins in the connector. My current battery has 12 pins in its connector.

Here's an example of 16 pin battery I've found: https://www.newegg.com/p/14R-08VY-01MB9?Item=9SIATAUD8E6017&Description=922976-855&cm_re=922976-855-... 

Does anyone either know if it's safe to use the 16-pin battery or where I can find an exact battery match?

I appreciate any insight that can provided into this, thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MLorenzen 

Depending on options on your machine, it has 2 different parts for battery

8 cell 82 WHr 2.8 AH Li-ion part # 922976-855
8 cell 82 WHr 3.0 AH Li-ion part # 922977-855

Please check the second battery

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello! Thank you for the reply.

Just to make sure I understand, my current battery which came with my laptop says to "REPLACE WITH HP SPARE 922976-855" which from what I can tell is the 2.8 AH battery with 12 pins in the connector.

Are you saying it's okay to use the 3.0 AH battery with 16 pins in the connector (part # 922977-855)?

HP Recommended

I am still uncertain about the compatibility of the battery being discussed.

If anyone could give some insight into this before I go purchasing a $80+ part, I would be really appreciative! I'm not familiar with amp hours or pins in battery connectors so I am being careful, sorry if that's silly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.