Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-ek0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

System will not boot. Message is "Boot Device Not Found". See image #1.

I went into the OMEN Setup Utility (F2) to see if a hard drive was detected. Please see images #2, 3 and 4.

I ran the "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI" Hard Drive quick test. Result is shown in image# 5.

I booted the system using a USB Flash drive that contains Windows 10 22H2, just to see if it detects a hard drive to install Windows. It only saw a 32GB disk. See image # 6.

I tried creating a recovery image using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool, but the tool does not detect my USB Flash Drive that is 64GB in size. See image # 7.

Please advise. Factory Warranty has expired. Will I have to buy a new M2 NVME SSD and install/buy a new copy of Windows 10 on the new drive? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks, but I concluded that the NVME Drive went bad. I was only able to see the 32GB optane memory space, but not the 512GB drive. I decided to purchase a new NVME drive at a Best Buy (Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB Internal SSD PCIe Gen 3 x4 NVMe) and loaded Windows 10 afterwards. Laptop is running like brand new. Laptop was out of warranty so I figured it would cost me. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TitoDz 

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting a boot device not found error, I am glad to assist you.

Follow the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue as well. I have tried to click on your link to the page with the solution, but I only get the generic HP Support page. The link shows correctly in my browser but is the page is blank.

HP Recommended

I tried Step1 (Restore BIOS Setting). I still have the same issue.

Step3 (Diagnostics Test). As mentioned in the original case, drive passed.

Step4. As mentioned in the case, the recovery tool does not recognize my USB flash drive.

HP Recommended

@TitoDz 

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue, I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support.

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, but I concluded that the NVME Drive went bad. I was only able to see the 32GB optane memory space, but not the 512GB drive. I decided to purchase a new NVME drive at a Best Buy (Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB Internal SSD PCIe Gen 3 x4 NVMe) and loaded Windows 10 afterwards. Laptop is running like brand new. Laptop was out of warranty so I figured it would cost me. Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.