Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

There is definitely a problem with fan  noise at idle. Hardware Unboxed gave two sound readings on idle. One was at 38db, which is quiet, but almost nothing was running (most computers are not even running fans at this point). Then while still on idle, it ramped up to 46db which can clearly be heard in a silent room. He tried undervolting and playing with settings, but to no avail. His comment  was he "hoped that HP finds a way to control the fans. There is no reason for a fan to be ramping up while in idle. I hope it is fixed in a bios update where the fans are not running at low temps. Apparently uy has no trouble getting super loud (64db) under load to keep the unit cool.  

HP Recommended

Anyone tried the new bios? f6 I see its released. Only saw it a few days ago. 

HP Recommended

I have. Seems to run ok for me so far.

HP Recommended

same here, good so far, haven't had the random high fans of F05 so far when in general use

thanks for that heads up, had to go to the website to get it, as it wasn't flagged in HP support assistant, and had to install it from a USB this release

Maybe because I like to leave the fans on auto, not max, for my laptop it seems to run best using throttle stop at 38/30watts, temps max 80s deg C over extended gaming

HP Recommended

I have been using the new version for about a day. The fan noise that the computer on when idle was a little better. However, dont expect too much improvoment. I guess we have no choice but to get used to it. At least the temperatures ​​are good.

HP Recommended

@GorkemSay wrote:

I have been using the new version for about a day. The fan noise that the computer on when idle was a little better. However, dont expect too much improvoment. I guess we have no choice but to get used to it. At least the temperatures ​​are good.

But it isnt easy to get used to it. I can't focus. Fan always works and also there is a shrill sound, ı think it comes from the fan.  Except for these problems I am very satisfied and happy with this computer. Still HP have to find a solution this problem.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. On lowest fan speed there is a high pitched sound as well as the whooshing sound of the air. The airflow sound isnt an issue, but the high pitched sound is very annoying. Sounds a bit like a low volume tinnitus... Also on the lowest fan speed there is some noticable oscillation in the fan speed. I made a video and a quick visual spectrum diagram to show the issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akhb9kX1J-c

https://imgur.com/a/FSOTOIr

HP Recommended

Omen 15 2020 with Ryzen, latest bios. Fan noise is unacceptable at idle. High-pitched whining sound.

Fans keep running even though CPU and GPU is around 40 degrees celsius.

Very unpleasant sound levels when just using Office programs or general browsing.

Please fix this HP.

HP Recommended

Go into your bios. Turn off fan always on. Restart.

HP Recommended

Same issue, for me :

- HP Omen 15-en0141nf

- Ryzen 7 4800H + RTX 2060

- Bios revision F.07

- Fan always-on desactivated in BIOS

Still, it seems that :

- On the majority of the time, only the left fan is activated (the right fan spins only in heavy 3D games)

- The fan noise is way too high, and the temps are between 45 - 55 celcius degrees, so it's not like the laptop is burning hot.

I tried the 3 performance modes in Omen Comand Center, same result.

Also, HP Update website is not even recognising my model, so it hard to confirm that all drivers are up to date ; but I have installed all available updates on Windows Update and HP Support Assistant.

Is it a fixable with a BIOS update? The noise is really annoying when I'm just browsing on the net.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.