Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

more of the same over here, i'm having problems after one day of use 😞

HP Recommended

When I contacted the support, they performed several usual test and driver update.. but they made no change... and at the end they told me that the issue is hardware related, so the touchpad should repaired and replaced...which will demand several months.. really bad experience with this company.

HP Recommended

10 days of it working fine and my touchpad is not working again.

I guess I'll reopen my ticket with support and see what can be done to replace the laptop.

This is so frustrating and guttering.

HP Recommended

I'm coming for an update on my situation, I've updated my BIOS to the last version of hp's official website for the omen 16 if mine and it's gotten better. It's not like the issue is gone but, whenever it happens to start doing weird things I just disable the trackpad with the dedicated key, i click somewhere to cheeck thhat it's not workiing and then I turn it ON again and it'll work just fine.

Still waiting for a proper solution to this issue, but this is a workaround.

Hope this help.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Touchpad works very good when is not lagging. I bought laptop for photo and video editing. It's very annoying when i have to use without mouse. Also waiting for solution.

In 99% i think its software problem. In most of case the issues are when the lapotop is under load. It looks like the drivers was on low priority. I was looking for the proccess in task manager to set it manually to high priority but im not sure which one is exacly it.  I tried also update bios but this not help. 

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I am using the Omen for gaming and a touchpad, which is not working during gaming is useless. Touching FN+F11 solves the problem for a while but the prblem gets back soon.

HP definately needs to solve this case now as it seems to be a problem since half a year!!

HP Recommended

@HP Are you doing something to fix this problem???  The same problem have owners of Omen 17. There are people who send to warranty repair and we know swapping the touchpad to new, nothing changes, laggs still occurs.
Do you have any statement when this will be fixed?

HP Recommended

Maybe we could try and install windows precission drivers to try to solve this issue?? It's getting really really annoying for me and there's no signal of them (HP) trying to fix this...

If someone tries this, please share your experience with us.

HP Recommended

I'm waiting for fix this from couple months. Apparently HP does not care about consumers. How much time we have to wait for any respond??? 
@HPModerators did you something to report this problem? The subject it's the most popular in this time on hp community - above 3k view...

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my hp omen 16

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.