Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce008nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there my omen command center doesn't working properly. I tried Microsoft Store version and latest version from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers but not showing statics very well.

This is installed from Microsoft Store. Uses as you see and Network Booster is empty;

Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.pngScreenshot_4.png

And this, i downloaded latest version from HP driver sites. Uses not working very well, network booster not working and current bandwidht not changing.

Screenshot_5.pngScreenshot_6.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. I used Hp Cloud Recovery Tool and everything is fine.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

Hello @Royalty2 

First, make sure your bios is up to date.

It should be version F.18

If its not, here is the download... sp92769.exe

The version from the Microsoft Store is the correct version to use now.

The one from the HP support page is old and outdated.

I would uninstall what ever version you have currently.

Reboot, then install from the store.

Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store

Next, Go to All settings>Updates and Security and manually search for update by clicking the update button.

Do this until there are no updates.

Then open the HP Support Assistant and search for any other drivers it might need.

Next, open Services from the Search bar.

Scroll down to HP Omen HSA Service and make sure its set to Running Automatic. If its not, right click on it and choose Properties. Make the Startup type = Automatic and start the service.

All HP services should be on Running Automatic except for HP CASL Framework Service.

Let me know if this helps.

HP Recommended

I did all the updates and install the Command Center from Microsoft Store. Its still same. I have this problem since I bought the computer and about 1 week I am not doing anything but CPU temperature is about 60C-70C. I am checking the task manager for uses and CPU uses about %5-%15. It wasn't hot.

HP Recommended

I would encourage you to contact HP Support directly for warranty help.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Is it helpful to format and test again before warranty help? Should i do it?

HP Recommended

It certainly wouldnt hurt anything to do a factory recovery. If you are willing to do this, it might solve the issue.

Back up any data you dont want to lose first.

To perform a factory reset, go to Start and scroll down to HP Help and Support.

Open the HP Recovery Manager.

Choose Windows Recovery Enviroment. Follow the prompts.

HP Recommended

Its says "hp recovery manager no longer supports this feature because the windows version has been upgraded". Whats the different between this and reset from windows settings? Is it healtier to reset from windows setting for reset windows files? Or Windows Recovery Enviroment is a backup. If its for get backup, I really do not need that I already copying my files to external storage. Or is Windows Recovery Enviroment for backup the Windows settings/files?

Screenshot_2.png

HP Recommended

Was windows ever wiped and reinstalled from the Microsoft ISO?

It would be better for your model if you used the HP Recovery, rather than anything else.

Can you access the HP recovery if you instead rapidly tap the F11 key at power-on and navigate to Troubleshooting that way? https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

• Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key about once every second until the Choose and option screen is displayed, and then continue.
  • On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.
    Choose an option with Troubleshoot selected
  • On the Troubleshoot screen, click Recovery Manager.
    Troubleshoot screen with Recovery Manager selected
  • Under Help, click System Recovery.
    Recovery Manager with Help and System Recovery selected
  • When Recovery Manager prompts you to back up your files, select a backup option:

Follow the instructions to backup your files and recover the system.
    • If you have already backed up personal files or you do not want to back up personal files, select Recover without backing up your files, and then click Next. Continue to the next step.
  • Click Next to continue.
    HP Recovery Manager welcome screen
    HP Recovery Manager prepares the computer for recovery.
    note:
    This process can take as long as 30 to 45 minutes. Do not interrupt HP Recovery Manager during the recovery process.
    Recovery preparation
  • When recovery preparation is complete, click Continue to proceed to the installation phase of the recovery process. The computer restarts several times during the recovery. This is normal. Do not close, shut down, or disconnect the computer while HP Recovery runs.
    Recovery preparation is complete
  • Recovery Manager reformats the Windows partition and reinstalls the original software.
  • After the system recovery is complete, click Finish to restart the computer. Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup.

HP Recommended

I did and uses panel is working but network booster is empty.

HP Recommended

Now go thru and update everything from Windows updates.

Manually search for updates until there are no more.

uninstall the OCC in it now, then...

Install the OCC from the MS Store only... Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store 

Update drivers from the HP Support Assistant.

That should help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.