Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
15-EK0021TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The first time i played a video the sound was low and then after a while it was good. It seems the max volume has increased automatically. Now it is back to low volume even though i have set it to maximum volume. Is there a setting for sound which i am not aware of?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@sumeshsadau, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Did you check with a headphone or an external set of speakers to check if that works?

Did you update to the latest drivers from the HP website?

(Click here to find and install, if you haven't)

If the issue persists, please try the below steps:

1. Go to Windows Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers section.
  2. In the list of audio device drivers, look for Realtek High Definition Audio or Conexant (depending on what driver you have).
  3. Right-click and select Disable. The downward arrow displays on this driver, indicating it is disabled. (NOTE: At this point, you won’t be able to play any music files.)
  4. Right-click and select Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
  6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. You should see a window that says Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware. NOTE: If you see a window that says something like This is the best driver for this device, exit the window and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6.
  8. In the Model box, highlight High Definition Audio Device (this is the substitute audio device driver) and click Next.
  9. At the Update Driver Warning window, click Yes. You should see a confirmation window with High Definition Audio Device displayed. Click Close.
  10. In the list of audio device drivers in the Sound, video and game controllers section, you’ll notice that the High Definition Audio Device now displays instead of Realtek High Definition Audio.
  11. At the prompt to reboot, click Yes.
  12. Enjoy your music now with no compression

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

In step 8 - I did not find "High Definition Audio Device" in the driver list 

Let me know how to proceed.

I also have NVIDIA High Definition Audio under the "Sound video and game controller.

Should i update that driver?

HP Recommended

@sumeshsadau

Yes, update the nvidia driver and follow the rest of the steps.

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem as you, my sound sometimes is good but then suddenly begin to exponential decrease until a really low level and then it goes to max again. sometimes just one speaker sounds or one sound good and the other one soud low... did you find any solution ??

HP Recommended

Mine improved when i chose a different driver. I wont say it is up to the mark but lot better.

Follow the steps provided by the Hp personnel.

The only difference is do it for the nvidia driver

HP Recommended

How can we identify which driver is used to provide the sound output?

HP Recommended

go to device manger   there will be  audio input and output click on drop down list select speaker image.JPG

HP Recommended

hope you fix the sound of your laptop

HP Recommended

OK I think I have found the solution. For Omen users with Bang and Olufesen you have the Omen Audio feature, this enables you to boost bass and change the audio curve and can make the sound sound a lot bit more oumphy and loud and from my limited testing has made has kept the audio steady  when maxed. (I believe there is a similar program for non-omen products called HP Audio Control or something). However to do this you will need to check the "Enable Audio Enhancements" box in the Realtek Drivers. (P.S. this is NOT the removed Enhancements tab)

To find this simply right click on the sound icon on the bottom left

Click on sounds in the sub-menu

Choose playback in the next menu on the top then right click on your internal speakers,In my case Realtek (R) audio. 

Go to properties and then click on the advanced menu and it should be at the bottom

I have all the latest possible drivers and bios installed from HP, as well as the latest windows update, however I don't know if that effects anything. If you have any questions about my driver configuration or anything else please don't hesitate to ask. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.