Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Yes I can hear my fan and felt the hot air coming out the back on the vents where the hot air goes out.

HP Recommended

@xBlackFox  earlier in this thread, I mentioned using a tool like HWMonitor to read your temps. That is what I am talking about.

You need to read the actual temperature of the CPU to see how hot it is as you use it. If its getting in the high 90's or 100's. No matter if you're gaming or not.

HP Recommended

Yeah I'm monitoring the temperature however my pc is not overheating before the BIOS update even we used it for gaming 24/7

HP Recommended

Yeah, i checked on hwinfo the max temps is 100C after bios update. I think it cause the shutdown.

Before bios update, avg temps is 75-80C

And now for temporary fix, i use ryzen controller to limit my cpu temps

My laptop spec :

Pavilion Gaming 15 ec0001ax, Ryzen 5 3550H, GTX 1050 3GB, 16GB Ram, 512 SSD

HP Recommended

@rifqii14  Thank you for that update.

HP Recommended

I can confirm that F.08 version is buggy and causes problems such as ;

Slow battery charging 
Random shutdowns / hibernations
Slow booting
Crashes
Higher temperatures than normal (probably sends more voltage than needed to the CPU)

The bios update is buggy, you can't roll back due to a ''feature'' added with it which doesn't let you roll back bios AT ALL

Call HP Support, tell them about the update causing problems. They can't roll it back, even if you send the laptop in for repairs. Insist that the BIOS update is the problem and has to be investigated by development team. 

NOTHING THEY ADVISE YOU WILL FIX THE ISSUE. THE UPDATE IS FAULTY.

HP Recommended

Hey,

Your temporary fix didn't want to work for me. I tried with many settings but my laptop continue to shut down.. Thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

Everyone:  I have reported the issue and HP is looking into a possible patch update or other fix.

I can let you know what they do when they tell me.

Thanks for your patients.

Edited to clarify:

I wont know how long any fix will become available. It may take a while. I wont receive any updates on the progress either. If a patch is released, I wont know until they tell me.

If anyone else who has this issue also, please go ahead and add to this thread telling us you have it and your Product Number (found in the Support Assistant). Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thanks! 

HP Recommended

My laptop is in service center for now. They said this kind of problem is rare and they will discuss what to do with my laptop. They said to me the best choice is to claim warranty but @Photoray002 said HP is looking for a patch. Should I cancel the warranty claim or?

Thanks for letting us know @Photoray002. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.