Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@DaneWaas 

NO. If they have it in the Service Dept, let them handle it. They might end up sending it in to the US for analysis, or they might replace the motherboard or send you another one. They will decide. Do let them know about this thread so they are aware of others with the issue.

I have no way of knowing "when" HP will have any kind of fix made and it might take a while. So Warranty is best.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@DaneWaas So you left your laptop in the Service Center? I was thinking of going to the Service Center, but I need my laptop for things other than gaming too, so if I have to leave it there I think I'm gonna hold on for now.

By the way, I checked HWMonitor. Sometimes my CPU hit 90C, but the laptop hibernates even when HWMonitor says my max CPU temperature was around 75C.

HP Recommended

@Photoray002

Yes, they said they will discuss about the problem and replace the motherboard with a new one. Maybe I'll just have to wait for now.

I'll tell more if my laptop is done. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

@Flairue

Yes I left it because they said this is a rare problem so they will discuss with their team and they will replace my motherboard. 

Actually they told me to call them  if I want to use my laptop although it's in the service center now because they said they need a week for the new part being delivered. 

HP Recommended

Hi Photoray002,

Thanks for all your responses to this post. I have an HP Pavilion 15-ec0013dx Gaming Laptop and have been having similar issues after updating to the most recent BIOS version. The main reason I’m responding though is to indicate that I’m experiencing this issue sometimes when my peak temperature is only around 80-85. I’m not sure if they set the Thermal shutdown Threshold  quite low with the newest update, but that shouldn’t be high enough to cause a shutdown. I’ll look forward to some updates on this, and hopefully an update to the BIOS and will try to roll back to the last BIOS version.

HP Recommended

After the BIOS update I started having a similar issue, instead of shutting down, my laptop locks. This only happens when I play a game.

HP Recommended

@Photoray002 I have the same issue and make other post 2 weeks ago

Link to my post 

In my post there was a video with links to Google Drive in which hibernation was shown. Please let me know Did the developers at HP find a problem? Or at least trying to solve it? After my contact with the support service via Whatsapp and the supplier, they gave me useless solutions like "press Win + B" when I answered that it did not help and the bios remained on version 08, and later received ignore.

HP Recommended

Yes actually

HP Recommended

Hello, i am coming with extra info. I'm using a Pavillon 15-EC0022NF, with a Ryzen 3550H/GTX 1650, and had the BIOS update too.

The laptop runs just fine as long as the GPU isn't implied, but on GPU heavy games (Call of Duty Modern Warfrare for instance), the game runs normally, then the fans all start up at full speed and crash the computer.

Just monitored the temps, everything is fine (CPU at 75/80°, GPU at 70, so nothing abnormal to me).

Is someone working on a patch for the BIOS right now or am i better off contacting the warranty service immediately?

HP Recommended

@Bellaedris   I would have no way of knowing if anyone is working on a patch. I turned the info in and that's as far as I can go.

Go ahead and do a warranty claim. The more of these are turned in, the more it will get HP's attention.

Thanks and let us know what happens.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.