Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
17-ck1065cl

Two questions for my omen 17-ck1065cl:

1.  Is there a second ssd slot and what should I be looking for when shopping for an added drive? 

(It’s been 2 decades since I’ve built a pc and am out of the loop now).

2.  This machine came with 16GB.  What should I be shopping for if upgrading to 32Gb?  What is the max supported ram for this machine?  Again, out of loop for specs so it would help if someone could be specific fo why I should be looking for in terms of compatibility and/or specs.

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jason__B,

To be more specific, please check out the RAM and Primary M.2 NVMe SSDs used by these HP Omen 17-ck1xxx super Users (see "Memory Kit" in each individual performance report): UserBenchmark: HP OMEN by HP Laptop 17-ck1xxx Compatible Components, mostly Hynix HMCG78MEBSA092N 2x16GB clocked at 4800 MHz for RAM, but as @banhien pointed out, 2x32GB is also compatible.

For a primary M.2 NVMe SSD boot drive, especially the Western Digital WD SSD 1TB PC SN810 SDCPNRY-1T00 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 SSD (p/n: SDCPNRY-1T00) stands out as the fastest/best option.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Jason__B 

A1. No Manuals from HP but from older series (ck0000) it has 2 NVMe slots, I believe the ck1000 series also has 2 NVMe slots.

A2. You can upgrade to 32GB or even 64GB if you wish

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Jason__B,

To be more specific, please check out the RAM and Primary M.2 NVMe SSDs used by these HP Omen 17-ck1xxx super Users (see "Memory Kit" in each individual performance report): UserBenchmark: HP OMEN by HP Laptop 17-ck1xxx Compatible Components, mostly Hynix HMCG78MEBSA092N 2x16GB clocked at 4800 MHz for RAM, but as @banhien pointed out, 2x32GB is also compatible.

For a primary M.2 NVMe SSD boot drive, especially the Western Digital WD SSD 1TB PC SN810 SDCPNRY-1T00 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 SSD (p/n: SDCPNRY-1T00) stands out as the fastest/best option.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

This is what I needed, thanks so much, time to search now!

HP Recommended

You're quite welcome!

Happy to be able to assist!

If you are so inclined, please let us know what you ended up with and how well it works.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

I think the Question is wheter 17-ck1065cl has SSD internal secondary slot, please kindly confirm. Thank you.

HP Recommended

@17-ck1065cl,

According to https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c08197376, there is one (1) PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 SSD slot.

[EDIT:] However, @17-ck1065cl, please appreciate that locating exact and reliable product specifications from HP/for HP products is often challenging, to say the least.  It should be as easy as: "go to the manufacturer's website and find it there."  One would only wish.  Anyway, to muddle the water even more, there's one (secondary) source I just found which claims that the 17-ck1065cl has two (2) PCIe NVMe M.2 slots, one being a Gen4 and the other a Gen3 slot.  This conflicting information is unfortunately something I run into all too often.  Best way to find out: open your laptop and take a look...  Annoyingly, some laptops have their M.2 slot(s) hidden behind their motherboard, which makes it quite a chore to get to it.

NonSequitur777_0-1654548005728.png

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help, now I am fully satisfied and happy, order is on the way!

HP Recommended

ordered my 17-ck1065cl from costco today. gets delivered this friday (july 29). also ordered today was my 2x32gb ddr5 memory kit. 4800MHz from crucial

I have tons of NVME drives so I'll let you know on how many NVME slots are on this laptop.

HP Recommended

@hoxlund 

Did you read above re[lies ? It only has 1 M.2 slot for storage.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.