Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-ce0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hardware runs on a realtek wifi adapter and i have been experiencing frequent wifi disconnection. I'm guessing its due to the realtek wifi adapter card. May i get some suggestions on which intel wifi adapter should i switch to ? Additionally, where can i get it changed? 

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't get the HP support pages to load.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-15-ce000-laptop-pc/15551437

Check the chapter 3 of the maintenance and service guide for your PC for the supported wifi adapters.

Chapter 5 should have the wifi card R & R procedure in case you want to do it yourself.

If you don't, I suggest you take it to an authorized HP PC repair center where you live.

In the meantime, you may want to see if updating the 8822BE wifi driver to the latest version helps.

2024.0.5.101 Dec 9, 2018

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp93001-93500/sp93233.exe

HP Recommended

That lastes driver you suggested (2024.0.5.101) doesn't help unfortunately. Nothing helps at this point, I feel like I've tried everything under the sun. How do I get HP to replace these Realtek adapters with Intel, that ist he solution I'm looking for. 

HP Recommended

I don't work for or represent HP.

You will have to contact HP and request assistance under the warranty, or replace the Realtek card with a supported Intel card yourself.

You will probably end up doing the latter.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue with my HP ProBook G5 and the Realtek RTL8822BE. I tried different wireless card drivers. I tried reinstalling the OS and reinstalling all the driver updates from HP. Same connection problems return.

What worked for me was reinstalling Windows 10 using the Windows 10 media creation tool from Microsoft. I let Windows handle all the driver installs. I did NOT use any updates from HP; did NOT use the HP Support Assistant; did NOT download any updates from the HP website. Leting Windows handle all the drivers and the RTL8822BE is no longer disconnecting / loosing connection to wireless networks. It'has been connected for two weeks without any drops in connection.

HP Recommended

Thx for the suggestion MadMaxx but that didn't work in my case. I reinstalled the OS  via disk Win 10 - 1809. I did't pull one driver from HP and unfortunately I'm still havign the issue. 

I've opened 3 support requests for this problem. The first time they reconnected the antennae to the chip, and the two times after they replaced the chip w/ another Realtek, except this time it's the RTL8821CE. Still doesn't work, still seeing a ton of packet loss, latency, and slow to connect issues.

Looks like I'll have to go purchase a bunch of Intel chips and install them myself because HP support on this issue is non-existent. This entire experience has been a huge waste of everyones time and has been extremely frustrating. So now it's on the customers shoulders, that doesn't seem right.  

HP Recommended

Update: I replaced the Realtek w/ an Intel dual band wireless-ac 3165 and not surprsintly the problem went away. No more dropped packets, consistent wifi connection and now my users can actually work w/o fear or being disconnected. What a concept.

HP you need to address this issue. It should not be the consumers responsibility to replace faulty hardware. It's truly a shame that HP's solution is to replace the Realtek chip w/ another Realtek chip, completely tone deaf. 

HP Recommended

Did HP refuse to change Realtek to Intel module free of charge? Did you still have guarantee period? If yes. how could they refuse to? It's their responsibility.  If you open the body of notebook by yourself, you lose guarantee service, no?

Thanks.  

HP Recommended

I also had this problem on my HP Probook 450 G5. Luckily HP offers not only the latest driver which was causing the problems, but also an older one - version 2023.66.1104.2017 Rev.A. This solved the problem for me. This driver can be downloaded from this page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-450-g5-notebook-pc/17047142

Direct downlad link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82501-83000/sp82804.exe

Ralph Schut
Bluegrass Guitar, Banjo and Mandolin
HP Recommended

i am having this problem w my HP Envy x360 15, but Moravista's suggestion has fixed the issue.

caveat that i have <2 hours of success to report, as this issue has suddenly affected me upon installing the latest windows update earlier this week, and i just came across Moravista's solution tonight.

also wished to report that the older driver seems to work fine for non-Probook models, although the selfservice page for my HP Envy x360 15 did not offer the aforementioned driver -- so i just used the direct download link offered. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.