cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
fvengelen
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Screws stuck inside laptop, tried everything.

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-CE000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is about 3 years old, and I decided to remove some dust since the Laptop had some issues cooling off. I opened it once for inspection, and decided i'd clean it thoroughly another day so i screwed the lid back on.

(the screws already started chipping the first time i tried to open it)

Now when i tried to open the lid again, 2 screws are stuck and can't be screwed out. The heads are completely dull so no way any screwdriver has the grip to get it loose. I even went to my local hardware store to get the right screwdriver but it didn't help with the already chipped screws.

My main 2 questions are:

1. is there a way to get these screws out without completely breaking my laptop (maybe send it to HP)

2. Can I order replacement screws so that when I do get them out I won't be left with two holes in the bottom

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 20
Level 20
100,855 39,890 13,097 27,446
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@fvengelen 

Please try the following ways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mTFQbaT3Zc

You need to know what is your HP 15-ce000 machine to be able to search properly. The following list is for a different machine of the same series. Its Hardware kit including Its screws should be the same for our machine

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=3VT96UA

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
fvengelen
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry for late reply, my model is HP Omen 15-CE054ND, I already managed to open the laptop and clear some dust, but the right fan still makes a weird vibrating buzzing sound. When I tilt the laptop, the sound decreases but as soon as I put it back on the surface the sound starts again. Has the fan gotten bad? My warranty has expired

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation