Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@Waley  ya, I think some people see the advertisements or the picture on the box (that is used on the box for all models) and don't realize that not all the models are the same. You have to read the individual specs of the said model before buying.

I can see where it would be confusing.

HP Recommended

Hm, okay, this makes sense.

I am a bit confused, as I was informed that the "OMEN enxxxx" have 4-zone backlight, hence I assumed mine has this as well. This is also mentioned in the first post in this thread.

Here it says dragon red backlight, though mine in fact has white.

Here it even says all RGB. (sorry, in German).

I am pretty sure I read 4-zone. But I guess your information is the correct one then and it simply has white only. Sad, but thanks! 🙂

Side question (slightly off topic): How can I change the light intensity? It seems I can only switch it on or off.

HP Recommended

Hello @-pianotoad- 

Red Dragon would be non RGB yes. But someone got their terminology mixed up. Red Dragon originally referred to a 2 zone red keyboard with yellow WASD keys. Looks like Omen is going back to one solid color now?

the other ad, I would say CaseKing messed that information up.

With the one light only keyboards, there is no other control but on and off. I think they should make it dimable also, especially when its only white.

HP Recommended

Thank you!

Yes indeed, it seems some got the info mixed up.

It is unfortunate it is not dimabled. I feel when lit, it is very, very bright, hence I was very much expecting the four zone RGB to work so I could choose a dark color. 

Well, I guess that's it then, I'll need to live with it. Besides that, my OMEN seems to have been a great choice.

HP Recommended

@Photoray002yes, exactly, I often see customer's questions that why cannot see the device in OMEN Light Studio, actually they are not using 4-zone RGB keyboard, they are using 1-zone single color lighting keyboard. I already put photos and information into this article, but maybe still not very clear to understand what is RGB. 

HP Recommended

@Waley

I updated the light studio to the actual version and it all works again ty fro solving the problem.

HP Recommended

My solution is, because I log in with a microsoft account: Create a local account with administrator rights. Log in with the local account, start light studio, change the effect. You will see that the desired effect is immediately fed to the keyboard. Close light studio, log out and then log in with your microsoft account. You will see that the settings of light studio can now be changed. Good luck

HP Recommended

problem solved, I just log out of my sesion on OMEN Gaming Hub and open light studio changes take place immediately, after that you log in again and it keeps working.

HP Recommended

Mine is 15-en0002ax and the spec says RGB Supported. but "Lighting" Option is not displaying.

HP Recommended

Hello @saran61431 

Actually your specs show it does not have RGB lighting. It has a one zone (one color) keyboard. That is why its not showing the lighting option.

15-en0002ax keyboard.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.