Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP omen laptop 15-ce0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Omen HP laptop 15-ce0xx

Windows 10 home x64

1803~1903

OS build 17134.1040

Don't really know what happened, Found an error in the Geforce experience app that couldn't show me anything when it start just a blank page, So thought that I could find out by using the Device manager, Somehow Tried to uninstall / reinstall the driver.., Couldn't reinstall it, Went through everything, updated BIOS / System recovery / Partition recovery / Windows update / HP assistant failed installing it, Tried almost everything usual or common, Now i'm stuck with the Intel GPU which doesn't really do the same job as the Nvidia GTX, I'm lost, If someone may help me please... 

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello @Fox2121 

I moved your post to the OMEN gaming section since that is what your model is.

Type winver in the search bar and hit Enter. This will open a window that will give you the Windows 10 version you were looking for.   I believe OS build 17134.1040 is used in version 1803, which you must not have updated to 1903 yet.

To clarify, are you saying you have run a System Recovery or updated system recovery? I dont quite get what you meant.

If you run a recovery to reinstall Windows, I assume you used the F11 recovery method which uses the recovery partition.

If reinstalling Windows is not allowing the Nvidia card to work, then you have a hardware failure with that card.

Can you access the UEFI Diagnostics via F2 at power-on? If you have a hardware failure, this test usually will find it, just for confirmation.

If so, go to Component Tests and run the test for the graphics card.

If nothing, run the test for the motherboard.

HP How to use Diagnostics

Bottom Line...

If you have a hardware failure with the graphics card, it would mean a motherboard replacement. HP does not sell replacements either. You would be better off getting a new PC if you're out of warranty. But I can still ask the Mods to see if a Rep can contact you.

Let me know what you find.

HP Recommended

Yes i did a system recovery through F11, and i had 1903 before trying all of the methods i did mentioned, and I did as you asked a test for the video memory card in the F2 option and it passed so thank god my hardware is fine, so what now 😞

HP Recommended

Well the fact that Diagnostics didn't find anything doesn't mean you are off the hook. The fact that you reinstalled windows, but the card is still not being recognized is leading me to believe its hardware.

You have tried installing the latest drivers from HP and also direct from Nvidia and still nothing.

Im afraid you need to have a repair tech look at it.

How long have you had the laptop?

HP Recommended

14 months

HP Recommended

I did something maybe mean anything to you, installed an app called Nox which is an android emulator, while installing it requested if i would enable VT in the BIOS, i did that and after awhile not sure day or 2 i got some blue screens but this happened in the same period of the new windows 10 update 1903, as i surfed through the internet found out it might be an error because of the new update, but i had felling it might be cuz of the vt enabled, so outta of cautious i disabled it, does this mean anything at all? 

HP Recommended

Hmm, I dont think it would, but go into the bios and reset it. F10 gets into the bios and then usually F10 to reset to default. F10 again to save and exit.

I dont think its a windows update since it reacted the same when you did the factory recovery.

Try resetting the bios first. Let me know what happens.

HP Recommended

After the bios reset, turn the laptop off.

Unplug the power cord.

Hold the power button down for 30 seconds.

Plug the power cord back in and turn on the laptop.

This is called a hard reset.

HP Recommended

I think i also did that like couple of hours ago, but do i ask much if u could just use some 3rd party program to log in to my pc and see by yourself, maybe you could help me and i be the lucky one 🙂

Btw did unit slow or unstable diagnosis, all passed

Doubled checked the reset of the bios, same issue nothing new in the device manager as i can see. 

HP Recommended

Sorry for the delay, Hard reset is done, checked device manager abd same issue. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.