Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-en1000 (2L1F3AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi everyone!

Approximately 4 months ago I bought new HP Omen laptop but it had an issue: when I using it (just browsing internet, watching youtube, looking for something in explorer, etc) it can suddenly freezed or even went to BSOD or said that there's no boot device. I encountered this error only on battery. I returned this laptop to the shop where I bought it and get the new one but exact same model. And than again I encountered same errors but now it does not freeze but everytime just go to BSOD with  UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION error or just go to black screen that says "boot device was not found".  I've tried to install the latest drivers (including BIOS) and uninstall all the software but the error is still here. It seems like the whole batch of laptops have some defects.

Can you please tell what I should do to fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Echo_Lake !

Thank you for your help!

Actually right after I've wrote this post I downloaded clean Windows image from Microsoft site and installed it on my laptop. I didn't meet any of the "boot device" exceptions so far. Seems it solved the problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kirill_Tarasov

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help!  Apologize for the inconvenience caused, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.

2. Press the power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the f10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.

3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press f9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.

4. Press f10 to Save and Exit.

5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, and then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?

6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

If the issue persists, follow the next steps. Performing hard drive tests in HP PC Hardware Diagnostics:

1. On the Component Tests menu, click Hard Drive > Quick Test.

Selecting the Hard Drive Quick Test

2. Click Run once. The Quick Test begins.

3. If the computer has more than one hard drive, select the drive you want to test. To test all the hard drives, select Test All Hard Drives.

When the test is complete, the screen displays the results. Test results are also available in the Test Logs on the main menu.

4. If the hard drive passes the Quick Test, but there is still a problem with the hard drive, run the Extensive Test. This test includes the SMART Check, Short DST, Optimized DST, and Long DST. To run these tests individually, select them from the Hard Drive Tests menu.

5. If the hard drive fails a test, click Troubleshoot.

6. Follow the on-screen instructions to attempt to resolve the problem, and then click Yes.

7. If the problem is not resolved, click Yes to contact HP Customer Support.

8. Write down or copy the failure ID (24-digit code) and product ID for when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Echo_Lake !

Thank you for your help!

Actually right after I've wrote this post I downloaded clean Windows image from Microsoft site and installed it on my laptop. I didn't meet any of the "boot device" exceptions so far. Seems it solved the problem.

HP Recommended

@Kirill_Tarasov
Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.