Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V9A1AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have been following all the steps needed to install windows 10 with an usb on my new Victus that had already FreeDos as OSfilled step 1 getting the software from Windows "https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/software-download/windows10" filled step 2 have gotten the RAID from "https://www.intel.la/content/www/xl/es/download/19727/intel-rapid-storage-technology-raid-for-window..." but on step 3 when i insert the pen and turn on the pc in the boot menu I can only select between FreeDOS and HP Documents, no option to select USB. Its not a USB problem because if I insert it in other computer the instalation of windows 10 starts automatically. How can i solve this? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Does your notebook's BIOS have a legacy mode option to enable?

If so, enable it but boot off the UEFI USB diskette on key/USB flash drive.

If your notebook's BIOS does not have a legacy mode option, unfortunately I don't know why you don't get an option to boot from the USB flash drive when you press the ESC key and select the F9 boot options menu.

Doesn't your notebook come with an AMD processor and chipset?

If so, you don't need the Intel storage controller drivers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Does your notebook's BIOS have a legacy mode option to enable?

If so, enable it but boot off the UEFI USB diskette on key/USB flash drive.

If your notebook's BIOS does not have a legacy mode option, unfortunately I don't know why you don't get an option to boot from the USB flash drive when you press the ESC key and select the F9 boot options menu.

Doesn't your notebook come with an AMD processor and chipset?

If so, you don't need the Intel storage controller drivers.

HP Recommended

How can i get that menu for changing the option? 

Ok never mind i just got it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.