Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Gaming
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion 15 Gaming with an AMD Ryzen 5 3550H and a GTX 1050 3gb card. I got the laptop at the end of 2019, so it is still relatively new. When set TPM to on in the BIOS, it will not be recognized by Windows. When I look in device manager, it just shows AMD PSP 10.0, but no TPM device. My BIOS is also the latest version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP 15-ec0011nw + BIOS F.12 - same problem. Polish support claims that TPM works only on Windows Pro (not home), but I checked and it works on my other two laptops with Win Home.

I FOUND A SOLUTION:

Download Bios image from HP support site to your PC and install it manually (do not use install assistant!). Do this even if the bios has the same number you already have. Now the TPM should already be visible in the system, if not, make sure it is activated in the bios.

Now i think updating bios using windows update is very bad idea, maybe it was reason of this troubles.

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
HP Recommended

Hi@souljaboi

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

I suggest you update the BIOS from this Link: https://hp.care/2MznadV

Also, clear the TPM cache

1. Open the TPM MMC  by typing tpm.msc in the service box

2. If the User Account Control dialogue box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Yes.

3. Under Actions, click Clear TPM.

4. You will be prompted to restart the computer. During the restart, you might be prompted by the UEFI to press a button to confirm that you wish to clear the TPM.

5. After the PC restarts, your TPM will be automatically prepared for use by Windows 10.

You can refer to these Links: https://hp.care/2JIsmOZ and https://hp.care/2LebHit

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

When I open TPM Management, it says Compatible TPM cannot be found

HP Recommended

Hi@souljaboi,

`We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to be checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

I am also having the same issue. Thanks for sharing this information. Hope it must be helful to me.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavlion 15 Gaming with an AMD Ryzen 5 3550H and a GTX 1650.

And with lasted version of bios, I found this problem too.

But today I update bios again with new download, and when its success my laptop can find tpm. 

Maybe you should try, and hope it's will be fixed.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have a hp15 ec-0100ax with a Ryzen 5 3550h and a GTX 1650 with 16gb ram (upgraded).

I have enabled TPM in the bios and even enabled virtualisation, when I run the TPM check, it shows that it is not enabled.

What should i do as really want to try windows 11.

HP Recommended

How?

HP Recommended

Windows cannot detect Trusted Platform Module even though it is both available and enabled in the BIOS

I have tried clearing the TPM Cache.  I have tried updating the BIOS.  For whatever reason, windows cannot detect TPM,  This is becoming very frustrating. Please help. 

My System Information is as follows:

Manufacturer      HP
Model       HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx
System ID      86D4
Product ID      7QS79UAR#ABA
Memory Size      24576 MB RAM
BIOS Date      12/21/2020
BIOS Revision      F.12
Serial Number      [Personal Information Removed]
Operating System Image     19WW2D1T601#SABA#DABA
Installed OS version      2009 (10.0.19043)
Processor Type      AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
HP Recommended

For me its the same.

I also have a HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx with an AMD Ryzen 7 3750H CPU.

In BIOS I can disable and enable TPM, clear the TPM cache, reset all security features to factory reset and what else, Windows isn't recognize the (f)TPM from the CPU.

I also talked to AMD and they told me that it has to be the BIOS of the manufactor, so HP. The CPU all have fTPM installed.

So please HP,  help us!!!

My System:

HP 15-ec0410ng

BIOS Revision F.12

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.