Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Same problem. Pavilion Gaming 15 with AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30 GHz.

I downloaded the new BIOS F.12 today and installed it but the same glitch happens every time:
TPM won't stay enabled even though it was possible to switch it to "Available" in BIOS.

Please, I bought this laptop just 18 months ago. It cannot be possible that I can't even upgrade my OS because of hardware that is apparently there but just not accessible to the system.

HP Recommended

same problem

HP Recommended

Same problem here.

HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0024nl, 3550H, GTX 1650, Windows 10 only shows AMD PSP 10.0 in device manager.

I have the latest bios (F.12 Rev.A), tried to flash it multiple times like someone suggested, but nothing changed: no TPM shown in Windows.

HP Recommended

HP 15-ec0011nw + BIOS F.12 - same problem. Polish support claims that TPM works only on Windows Pro (not home), but I checked and it works on my other two laptops with Win Home.

I FOUND A SOLUTION:

Download Bios image from HP support site to your PC and install it manually (do not use install assistant!). Do this even if the bios has the same number you already have. Now the TPM should already be visible in the system, if not, make sure it is activated in the bios.

Now i think updating bios using windows update is very bad idea, maybe it was reason of this troubles.

HP Recommended

i tried to dowloaded the new version of bios but not solved the problem

HP Recommended

I have the same problem as countless others.

System: HP Pavilion Laptop 15-ec0xxx, Ryzen 7 3750H, Currently running Windows 10 Pro

When I click Windows-R and type in tpm.msc, the TPM Management says "Compatible TPM cannot be found"

I have verified that TPM is visible and enabled in my BIOS.

I am running the newest BIOS F.12

I have successfully reflashed the BIOS again 3 times now to the latest one available on the HP Support site.

I have gone into the BIOS and cleared the TPM.

I have gone into the BIOS and Reset Security Settings to default.

Even after doing all of these things, the TPM management in Windows still says "Compatible TPM cannot be found".  Does HP need to release a new BIOS?

HP Recommended

I think I found a solution, no thanks to HP. Go to device manager, go to action and click add legacy hardware. Click to do it manually. Scroll to security devices, and under that, find TPM 2.0. After selecting it, install the driver.  After this, manually download and install the BIOS from the HP support website. I came up with this solution since nothing else online helped.

HP Recommended

I just tried exactly as you suggested. Manually installed legacy hardware device TPM 2.0.  Windows seemed to remove the driver as soon as I installed it.

I then went through the whole BIOS upgrade process AGAIN (for the 4th time now).  I immediately went into the BIOS and cleared the TPM.  Then booted into WIndows 10.  The TPM management still says Compatible PM cannot be found.

HP Recommended

Try turning on "Show hidden devices". Do you see anything?

HP Recommended

Ah. I forgot about hidden devices.  Yes, you are right, after I show hidden devices it shows 2 devices in the "Security devices" group.

• AMD PSP 10.0 Device
  • Trusted Platform Module 2.0

If I go to properties of the TPM 2.0, the device status says:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.