Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So here are my latest findings wiht the bios update f.08,

For a work around try ryzen controller set the vrm current on 55(a) and set the CPU TDP W & Boost & Min all on max , you need to set this evry time , this will fix cpu trottle and temp issues and max out cpu to a stable 3400mhz while gaming.

I'm now 100% sure the issue is when the fan hits 100% its shuts down has nothing to do with temperture of voltage or whatever there is with the hardware. If you download Notebook fan cotroller use the config Hp Pavallion 17 ab240nd if you have a HP Pavilion - 15-ec0300nd set enable on and move the speed to 100% and watch it turn off.

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Thanks... I have same problem. That's work

HP Recommended

Do you mean cpu boost period or cpu boost tdp (w)

HP Recommended

Does this settings actually give the same performance as bios f.05 had? Or just a temporary fix?

HP Recommended

Do not do this. This'll fry your components eventually. Just wait for a fix. It's bound to happen soon.

HP Recommended

@RevolverIA I've tried it and actually it cools down my laptop a little. I monitored it too through hw info that they are on the safe temps. Let's say that it's really harmful, but can I just set ONLY the vrm current on 55 ?

HP Recommended

So guys I was having the same problem due to the f.08 update. So I have decided to bring my unit to the Service Center. They couldn't downgrade the bios but instead re-installed the F.08 now i can play my laptop again COD warzone no shut downs has happened. 

HP Recommended

Today I installed bios f.08 twice, I made a preliminary reset (as in the instructions). The problem with shutting down and entering hibernation has not disappeared. So far, through Windows, I lowered the maximum processor state to 90. But the solution is temporary!

HP Recommended

Hi, i did the same few days ago, not solve the issue.

HP Recommended

Sorry for the missed led. Just an update, you guys are correct. It didn't fixed the issue at all. My air-conditioned was just turned on and I have a cooling vacuum at my unit but when I turned off the vacuum when my unit reached 65 to 70° it shut down again. Today is Thursday hoping they release an update. Fingers crossed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.