Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-en1000 (2L1F2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello everyone,

I have an HP OMEN 15-en1014ur

What type of DDR4 ram model I should look at to upgrade? I would rather install 32 gb. What should I pay attention to?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I recommend the standard Crucial DDR4-3200 memory.

Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT16G4SFRA32A | Crucial IN

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the memory removal and replacement procedure.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

Chapter 1 of the service manual indicates the max memory is 2 x 8 GB but that is not correct.

You can do this to see how much memory your notebook can actually support...

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator.

This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacityEx and hit enter.

There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

I recommend the standard Crucial DDR4-3200 memory.

Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT16G4SFRA32A | Crucial IN

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the memory removal and replacement procedure.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

Chapter 1 of the service manual indicates the max memory is 2 x 8 GB but that is not correct.

You can do this to see how much memory your notebook can actually support...

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator.

This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacityEx and hit enter.

There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

HP Recommended

bro i have same laptop 😃 becarful touching your ssd back plate or it will overheat bcs if the plate removed the ssd samsung overheat the ram its just ddr 4 sodimm 3200mhz  i bought team Module Name Team Group TEAMGROUP-Sodimm D4-3200.

if your laptop overheats reach 100 celcius and more than 90 Celsius buy good thermal paste thermal conductivity 9 or more than 9 and repaste the thermals or you will lose your cpu and the fans does your fan go turbo speed fast?

HP Recommended

thx for your reply!  Yes,  cpu  of this laptop is sometimes very hot as is ssd from samsung. Im use an app Ryzen Controller for control cpu temperature,but the paste should help much better 🙂  What kind of paste would you recommend?

HP Recommended

if the ssd hot try to push the heat-sink till its attached to the ssd components bcs when you open laptop sometimes you touch it its get removed without notice so ssd got hot the ssd should not pas 70 Celsius it mostly around 47 to 65 normal temperature for mine. the samsung one .

and you should replace the thermal paste there are 2 screws on the sides and remove the cpus gpu heatsink and before this remove the battery then later thermal paste and apply very good one after you will got nice cool temperature and even you cpu will reach 60 watts or even more mine was throttling not even reaching 42 watts but after thermal paste was reaching high power usage and not heating and fan sleeping.

ther are a video on youtube shows how to replace for hp omen 15.

i used  this thermal paste xigmatek THERMAL-KILLER S good as **bleep** have 9 thermal conductivity max number i saw 11 so between these numbers get one 

BOSSXXXL_0-1648603059929.png

or you can buy ones with higher number thermal conductivity and non electric conductive higher than 9 

BOSSXXXL_1-1648603059930.png

but i recommend this one 

https://www.xigmatek.com/product_detail.php?item=487

max 96 Celsius and can reach 70 WATS

but around 56 WATS is always around 85 Celsius

when i used HP paste was thermal throttling didn't pass 42 watts and it was up and down from 42 to 13 WATS  

but now constant power and the fan in basic loading or opening software or gaming quite a bit 

BOSSXXXL_2-1648603059930.png

but 96 Celsius wont reach it only when you squeeze the hell of the cpu XD 

BOSSXXXL_3-1648603059930.png

and when i stress it with aid it was in past hit 100 Celsius in one second now when i stress it goes to 81 82 max 84 Celsius big difference safe cpu from dying and save the fan 

BOSSXXXL_4-1648603059931.png

this is with aid64 extreme stress test statistics big difference!

download.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.