Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0056wm
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello. So I've been having this problem for about 3 months now but only recently did I find that it might be related to the battery. Whenever I play certain games, a few minutes into it, the screen freezes and there's a sharp buzzing noise from the speakers that persists for 20 seconds to a minute. I can't close the window or open task manager and have to hard reset using the power button. Recently I noticed that this only happened when I was playing the game with my device plugged in. I'd also like to mention that this issue didn't exist with the game it first started with for over a month since I had been playing it and it never crashed during that period. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @_Bakemono_ 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

From what I have understood, you are facing screen freezing and noise issue when the AC adapter is plugged in. This happen only while playing games but it was working fine before.

May I know if you have made any recent hardware or software changes to your system?

Have you observed this issue on only one particular game now or on all the games?

Could you confirm if you are using HP genuine AC adapter?

I would suggest you update all the drivers on your system and check if the issue persists as this can be driver related issue.

Here is a link that will help you update: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2857204-2362249-16 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello!

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created at your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello. I have updated my drivers but the problem still persists. 

I haven't made any hardware changes and I'm also using a genuine HP AC adapter Regulatory Model: TPN-DA09.

Also this problem exists with more than one game but one thing that's common is that I downloaded those after February and that's when the problem started. For games that I've installed before February 2022, there was only one which showed this issue and that too started in March but I had already been playing it for around 2 months before that.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response and for sharing this information. 

Perform Windows Updates and let me know.  

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.  

2) Check for updates.  

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

You might want to reduce the visual effects for windows to save the amount of CPU & Graphics card usage required to run your game properly. 

Here's how you do it: 

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings. 
  • Type performance > choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.  
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance. 
  • click Apply and ok...this should do the trick. 

Let me know.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I tried the fixes you suggested but unfortunately, the issue still persists.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

In that case, could you please check the functionality in the safe mode and let me know? Here is a link that will help you: https://support.hp.com/lt-en/document/ish_5000477-5000532-16#:~:text=Press%20the%20f4%20key%20for,in... 

Keep me posted.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

The game displayed a warning saying 'Display adapter not found. Would you still like to continue?'. So I clicked 'Yes' and the game started up but the screen was just black and I could only hear the audio that plays on the intro screen. I pressed the Windows button and closed the game and then restarted out of Safe Mode.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.