Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen 15-dc0029np

So i have a hp omen 15-dc0029np with 1 TB and 8 Gb of ram, and i want to upgrade the ram with another 8Gb and wnat to buy a ssd pf 500Gb, but i don't know what it works, what size or any of that stuff fits on my pc. Can anyonne help with the type of ram and ssd i should buy?
Thx for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes it's an M.2 NVME. One of the better ones.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

These are your specs:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06161867

Your Service Manual 

red arrow points to SSD; memory right above red arrowred arrow points to SSD; memory right above red arrow

Start upgrade procedure on p. 34. This is all end-user allowed work so no warranty concerns. 

You can upgrade the existing 256 gig SSD to a 512 gig like this:

https://www.amazon.es/Samsung-MZ-V7S500BW-970-EVO-Plus/dp/B07MFBLN7K/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C...

You could have a 2.5 inch hard drive or SSD added to the existing setup but would need mounting hardware. Post back to discuss further if you like that option. 

You can add an 8 gb DDR4-2666 SO-DIMM like this:

https://www.amazon.es/Samsung-M471A1K43CB1-CTD-m%C3%B3dulo-Memoria-260-pin/dp/B07JWG53DG/ref=sr_1_20...

Post back with any more questions but please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

I don't have a 256gb ssd, i have a 1T hdd and i want to put an ssd on the available slot (i want to stay with the 1T hdd and with the 500Gb ssd on the extra slot), i was watching some ssd's can i put on my laptop this ssd m.2 2280 Crucial P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCle?
And i can put this type of ram (HyperX Impact 8GB DDR4 2666mhz Cl15) but i don't know if the size matters on the ram.

Also another question, how can i  put the windows on the ssd and take it ou of the hdd?

HP Recommended

The Crucial will work as an NVME M.2 SSD but that particular one is a budget NVME and not quite as fast as a 970 Evo. Still fast enough. 

I do not recommend HyperX or other "gaming" or performance memory. The experience with it is spotty and if it works it still runs at OEM specs so better to buy OEM type memory. The HDD can be cloned to the SSD as along as there is not more on the HDD than the SSD can hold. We can recommend cloning software such as Macrium Reflect Free. Otherwise you can remove the hard drive and do a clean install of Windows 10 onto the SSD. Its a free download and you need no Key Code to activate it. 

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Ok, i think i'm going to buy the crucial p1 because the price difference it's quite a bit.

Now for the ram i won't buy the hyperX, but is this one going to work (RAM SO.DIMM Kingston valueRam 8gb ddr4-2666mhz CL19).

HP Recommended

Kingston Value RAM also sometimes causes issues. It is built to run with the broadest possible spectrum of machines, and sometimes HP laptops are finickly and won't take it. I encourage you to buy Samsung or Hynix, like that: generic laptop OEM memory. 

HP Recommended

ok, igo for the samsung ram or the other one.

Last question can you tell me if this ssd works on my pc?

SSD M.2 2280 Western Digital Black SN750 500GB 3D NAND NVMe

HP Recommended

Yes it's an M.2 NVME. One of the better ones.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.