Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, I own a HP Omen 15-5013dx and I reserved a copy of the Windows 10 update. Ever since I've installed the update, my HP OMEN Control program has not been able to change aspects of my machine.

I used to be able to change the variable of my fan speed and the back lighting for my keyboard on Windows 8.1, now I cannot do that.

It is a great deal of concern being that the fans help keep my laptop cool when watching movies, surfing the net and playing games. As I write this I have zero operation of my fan's. No cooling affect what so ever.

fn+f is unresponsive, I've basically lost control both physically and virtually. Is anyone else having this issue?

p.s. I deleted my Windows.old file by accident, so I can't downgrade back to Windows 8.1 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Just make sure to change the model to YOUR specific model. It should be the same for all Omens, but just to be to safe, change over to yours in the link.

Issues solved! Can close thread when OP is ready.

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75
HP Recommended

Same problem for me with my new OMEN 15 500-NF.
After Windows 10 upgrade, OMEN control is not working anymore.

Bios is up to date, and all drivers too.

I'm trying to contact in chat the support...

Edit : It seems that this problem was told to HP by the community with latest Windows 10 previews... Nothing in return from HP Support by now... And we are in a final release of windows 10...

HP Recommended

I feel you I have the same problem with my hp

HP Recommended

Yes, And I was on a chat session with the support few mintes ago.

The problem seems to be an incompatibility issue with Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 drivers.

HP will release new drivers for windows 10 in few days.

That's what the support told me.

HP Recommended
Thank you fskorzec. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having issues.
That is very interesting they say that, I've checked the software & drivers page for my specific Omen and they've released two up to date software misc components for the Windows 10 OS , but nothing for the crucial parts of the system. Had I thought my actions out a little better I would have never accepted the Windows 10 update.
I feel that it's a tad bit ridiculous on HP's part for not already having these critical software updates at hand for users after the offical Windows 10 update, a little preplanning goes a long way.
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem too, nothing works in the Omen Control app after updating to WIn 10. I really hope they get an update out quickly for this I can't even use the Programable keys anymore.

HP Recommended

I Have The same exact problem wondows 10 upgrade then HP Omen Control Not Controlling anything, i tried to upgrade the BIOS, nothing happened, i still have windows 8.1, but i beleive Hp Team are now working hard to prepare a solution for this issue, wait until then, hopefully soon.

Regards

HP Recommended

I too have tried reinstalling the BIOS and reinstalling anything affiliated with the Omen series, sadly nothing has worked and it's pretty much limbo right now.
As fskorzec and zonibil have stated, HP is probably working on a solution and will be rolling out software and driver updates. So the only option left is to wait it out. 😕

Edit: It appears they have released some new software & driver updates, but nothing pertaining to the Omen Control program.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my Hp Omen, my control program isn't working, and when I try to manually turn my fans on for my gaming it doesn't work!

HP Recommended

Re. telephone rep saying they will have a fix in few days. They also told you "the check is in the mail."

This whole business is disgraceful  Not having the keyboard functions is a nuisance (even tho was touted as a big feature), but no fan is DANGEROUS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.