Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop - 16-a0042nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I recently got my Pavilion 16-a0042nq Gaming Laptop 3 months ago. I wanted to change my refresh rate from 60 to 144 hertz, but Windows uses the Intel(R) UHD Graphics GPU instead of my nVidia GTX 1650 Ti. Here is a screenshot. Capture.PNG

If you have an answer, please tell me! Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Stefan31

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Stefan31

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Firstly, close the Intel Graphics Control Panel.
  • Right-click on the desktop again.
  • Now select the control panel for your dedicated GPU (NVIDIA)
    NVIDIA cards, click on Adjust Image Settings with Preview, select Use my preference emphasizing: Performance and click Apply.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding! I did everything you told me to, but I still have this issue. I tried restarting my laptop after I saw that it didn't change anything, but it's still the same. I checked and I have all the newest drivers installed.

Capture.PNGI did some research and some people said I have to disable the Intel GPU inside BIOS. Is there any other way of doing this?

HP Recommended

@Stefan31

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.