Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0068wm

Last week I attempted to update to Windows 11. Yesterday when booting my laptop I was stuck on startup with a message of "Undoing system updates". I attempted to fix this issues using articles online. But now when I boot my computer it won't load to windows. The power button just flashes green like it's in sleep mode. When I press F11 for system recovery I cannot use any of the services for repair or restore to factory settings. I just keep receiving errors such as Startup Repair Couldn't Repair or There Was a Problem Resetting Your PC. I cannot restore from a saved place because I have nothing saved. I have also used Command Prompt to try to fix the issues but I am only getting errors as well such as The Process cannot be Acessed because it is Being Acessed by Another File.  Or Windows Resource Protection Cannot Perform. I have used so many different articles and solutions its difficult to find all the links. All in all I think I my final try is to reinstall Windows 10 but I dont know how to get my product keyor a disk with that information without paying a butt load. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be much obliged.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Windows product key/license is in your notebook's BIOS.

You don't need it to reinstall W10.

Your notebook should be supported by the HP cloud recovery tool.

You can use the tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall Windows, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...you will need to have access to another Windows PC running Windows 7 64 bit or newer and a 32 GB USB flash drive to create the recovery media.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10) | HP® Customer Support

If your notebook is not supported for some reason, you can make a bootable W10 USB installation flash drive with the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0068wm Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Windows product key/license is in your notebook's BIOS.

You don't need it to reinstall W10.

Your notebook should be supported by the HP cloud recovery tool.

You can use the tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall Windows, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...you will need to have access to another Windows PC running Windows 7 64 bit or newer and a 32 GB USB flash drive to create the recovery media.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10) | HP® Customer Support

If your notebook is not supported for some reason, you can make a bootable W10 USB installation flash drive with the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0068wm Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thank you. This is really helpful. Is there any other solutions where I dont have to have access to a USB drive or computer? I was thinking of contacting HP support but they could not guarantee a resolution after paying for tech support but only a diagnostics.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

None that I can think of.

You have already tried the F11 recovery method and it didn't work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.